586,116 active members*
3,421 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > help with buying new machine , doosan vs hyundai or mori

help with buying new machine , doosan vs hyundai or mori

Hi everyone , my company looking to buy a new cnc machine with 40"-50" table size, we already have Matsuura and Mori Seiki but looking for something cheaper , we have information about Doosan DNM 500 (40" table) and DNM 650 (50" table), and the Hyundai F650 ( 55" table ).
    I would like to get some first hand reviews about both machine ,and total experience .
    If anyone have another suggestions? thank you very much.
    We also thinking maybe to get a another Mori but the price is big factor .

I can hand on heart say the doosan dnm machines are awesome, I work on them in the uk and pretty much the only time I have to repair them is when an operator has crashed it, even then it's usually just a case of resetting the m19 position. Common praise I hear from customers suggest its ability to take big cuts is great and it's repeat ability is second to none. I'm sure if you choose a doosan you won't be dissapointed.

ok thank you very much for the imformation.

IMHO you might check out these guys as a lower cost alternative to Doosan-

Toyoda - STEALTH 1565

These are box way machines, prepped for thru spindle coolant. They also have linear guide machines if you're looking to haul ass.

I've used Mori's, Doosan, Toyoda, and Maatsura. All were great machines.

I run that Doosan for making molds, recently thou its been used for making transmission housings. We've got a +- .0005 tolerance on two dowel hole locations and it hits that mark each and every time.

Had two issues with it over the past 3 years; 1) a spring on the pull stud gripper snapped and wouldn't grab the tool and; 2) broke a seal on the rotary union for the TSC.

The only thing that I can complain about the DNM500 for, is a lack of lighting inside the machine.

ok, thank you for the infromation

I'm sure doosan is just fine. Moris mapps 4 control is super nice though. 6gb memory, USB, network, conversational programming, digital manuals and help function. You should really check it out before you decide.

New Machines

Hi Folks,

Stumbled upon this forum whislst looking for new CNC Lathes.
    I need them for a factory i setting up in Nigeria.. Anyone know of a dealership/distributer for Daewoo/hyundai out here?

Appreciate if anyone has any contacts

Thanks

Stuart

ran all three new and used
    all things equal
    none will hold up like the mori

None of the machines in your criteria are "bad" in my opinion, and most likely will serve you well. For me, as "Mori man" for many years, I'd say go Doosan. The reason is simple, the Doosan is ROCK SOLID, the Doosan DNM series is as rigid as most other companies box way machines but with high speed/feed rates and a VERY fast tool changer. Accuracy is amazing and the machine is built for long term durability.

Also, most of what are options for other machines are standard on Doosan. Something to look at if you intend on really utilizing the machine to its fullest.

Re: help with buying new machine , doosan vs hyundai or mori

Quote Originally Posted by cybergomer View Post
    I run that Doosan for making molds, recently thou its been used for making transmission housings. We've got a +- .0005 tolerance on two dowel hole locations and it hits that mark each and every time.

Had two issues with it over the past 3 years; 1) a spring on the pull stud gripper snapped and wouldn't grab the tool and; 2) broke a seal on the rotary union for the TSC.

The only thing that I can complain about the DNM500 for, is a lack of lighting inside the machine.
    Read this older thread regarding the Doosan DNM 500 which I ma looking at. Cybergomer what look ahead function do you have on your machine? You can option for 40 or 200 block look ahead.
    Looks like a good machine for the coin. But I need a machine to cut Aluminium 3D moulds.

Cheers Dave