586,051 active members*
3,641 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc o-m cutter compensation

Hey, everyone could use a little help i currently run a supermax max 1 rebel machining center , would like some help in finding where you find the page that controls tool diameter.

Thanks in advance
    Jeremy

G40 for cancelling radius compensation, G41 for compensation to cut from the left, G42 for compensation to cut from the right.

Actually what i was asking is where in the tools page on the controller do you set the diameter.i know where on a haas tool page to set the diameter.

Here's the instruction, I'm not sure if there is submenu in offset for cutter compensation on 0M controls. Check your PM for the rest of the message.

Cheers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cutter compensation.png  

Quote Originally Posted by functionbikes View Post
    Actually what i was asking is where in the tools page on the controller do you set the diameter.i know where on a haas tool page to set the diameter.
    Being a Fanuc control, the Tool Radius Compensation Offset is registered in the same Offset Registry area as for Tool Length Offsets. It then depends on the Offset System the control is equipped with. If the control has a separate column “D” for the tool radius compensation then the radius of the tool is registered there under the same number as the Tool Number. If not, then the Tool Radius is registered under any offset number not being used for Tool Length Compensation. In this case, its good practice to use an Offset Number that has some numerical connection with the tool. For example, add 50 or some constant to the tool number that is beyond the range of Offsets that will be used for Tool Length Offsets. In this case T05 would use Offset Number 5 for the Tool Length Offset and 55 for the Tool Radius Comp Offset.

Regards,

Bill