586,115 active members*
3,540 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

8055M tool changer turret not lining up

I have a Fagor 8055M router with a 12 tool changer.

For some odd reason, the tool turret and the spindle no longer line up to change the tool.

How do I make them line up to change the tool?

Thanks in advance!
    Brian

Just knowing the control is no help to telling how to adjust axis alignment. I am guessing it has an umbrella/carousel type tool changer. Did it get crashed and caused it to slip on the shaft?

It is carousel type tool changer and that I know of, it has not been crashed.

This has happened to us before and the service tech has came out and did some adjustments to correct it. The issue this time is, he is not available for a couple weeks.

You still did not tell the machine make. Sorry, without that, can't even begin to try to help.

Sorry, it is a DMS (Diversified Machine Systems) 5 axis cnc router with twin tables. I couldn't find an actual model number.

Any idea if this is equivalent to the MotionMaster 5 axis twin table router with the Fagor 8055M control?

If it is, I might still have some programming for the control that probably would allow you to run a part on each table sequentially and continuously, either on the same, or on different program numbers, as long as you have the tool numbers right for each program.

But first, you need to get the tool changer alignment corrected.

Is the carousel out of alignment or the spindle?

I just looked it up on the web. Seems like the same company in Colorado that took over MotionMaster (which was in California I think). So, probably the machines are basically the same. I do see they overcame the C axis rotation limitation problems, according to their web site.

Do you "Home" the Z axis?
    The Height setting can be changed in the Parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Do you "Home" the Z axis?
    The Height setting can be changed in the Parameters.
    I think his problem is with the rotation of the carousel with the spindle. I think these machines use the A axis with a servo to rotate the carousel. We had lots of problems with the MotionMaster machines with this configuration and actually copied the pages out of the book for the re-alignment procedure and kept them at the machines. I do not recall exactly what that procedure was 8 years after the fact. But I think the trick is to call tool #1 and then manually raise Z to position. Then manually dial in the A axis so that alignment is close by eye. Then record the A axis position and put that number into either a parameter or into the tool change macro call. He can look in the tool change macro to see how it gets the A axis position for tool #1, whether it is entered there or if a parameter is called.

Quote Originally Posted by txcncman View Post
    I just looked it up on the web. Seems like the same company in Colorado that took over MotionMaster (which was in California I think). So, probably the machines are basically the same. I do see they overcame the C axis rotation limitation problems, according to their web site.
    You are correct. DMS took over motionmaster.

As a rule of thumb I've found that most machines require that you reset the spindle offset to re-align it with the tool changer. You'll find how to do this within your instruction manuals. This case would assume that the spindle no longer aligns and that the carousel is still OK.
    Seeking USER_FUNCTIONALITY always
    Regards SnapafunFrank