586,080 active members*
3,485 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Ikegai FX-20 401 Alarm TGLS light

Unhappy Ikegai FX-20 401 Alarm TGLS light

Hi all,
    Been searching around a few days and can't find much specific to this machine.

It's an Ikegai FX-20 with a fanuc T6 and yellow cap motors. Last week after loading tools I started moving the X to go ahead and touch the tools. Machine was zeroed and had been running probably 30-45 minutes.

Anyway, it moved maybe an inch and I had a 401 servo alarm. If you've run one this old, the odd alarm is really not all that odd. Power it off, turn it on and go and probably never see the same one again. Except this time.

I restarted it and as soon as I move either axis I get the alarm again. The TGLS light is lit on the X board, no matter which axis I moved got it on the X. (is that a zz top song?)

Now as soon as it's powered up it goes into alarm as soon as the hydraulics come on, shutting everything off. I don't think it has anything to do with the pump, just coincidence that everything comes up at the same time but i don't know that.

Cleaned limit switches, checked the brushes, no help. I have no book, no diagrams, nothing. I'm fairly handy with a meter but with no info I don't know where to start. I don't even have a list of alarms other than P/S alarms.

Any suggestions?

hello,
    first check brushes on motor, then look in fanuc manual.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Just pulled the brushes and looked around under the caps and now it runs. I'm going to just buy brushes as they are the only thing I moved around. Without actually doing anything I fully expect it to happen again and I'll have them ready.

Ran it all afternoon with no problems. Some days you realize machines do have personalities. This one is stubborn, reminds me of my wife.