586,058 active members*
3,465 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > Barudan Stepper Motors - Specs??

Barudan Stepper Motors - Specs??

I picked up 4 of these motors from my brother who scrapped out a Barudan BEH- embroidery machine. They are all in working condition from what I know but I need to know more about them before I can incorporate them into a project.

Any help, or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    WeaSiL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stepper0002.jpg   Stepper0005.jpg   Stepper0006.JPG  

The fact that Barudan make embroidery machines it is most likely thay re-labeled someones else's motor?
    If your Brother scrapped the machine, could you not get the drives an P.S. also?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Unfortunately the machine was scrapped out a long time ago. Also it wasn't possible to save the drives or power supply. I checked the resistance of the windings and from what I can tell the windings are center tapped and the resistance of the full winding is 2.5ohms and the half winding resistance is 1.5ohm. The difference between the measurements is most likely due to the cheap ohmeter I'm using.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
    WeaSiL

If no one has any information about these motors, can someone help me in determining safe working levels? I mean, is there a way to find out what voltage and current these can handle? How many deg. per step? etc... etc...

Thanks again,
    WeaSiL

Current is the most important one, an easy way to find it out: connect the motor to a drive with current set at 2Amp or so, run it for a while and check the temperature of the motor.
    Increase the current untill the temperature is 50-60°C, this is a safe value.
    Use a supply of 24-33VDC, if too high the motor might overheat due to current losses and falsify your test results.

Voltage is not so important, only for optimum performance, to do this measure the inductance of the coils.

Re: Barudan Stepper Motors - Specs??

Quote Originally Posted by WeaSiL View Post
    If no one has any information about these motors, can someone help me in determining safe working levels? I mean, is there a way to find out what voltage and current these can handle? How many deg. per step? etc... etc...

Thanks again,
    WeaSiL
    THESE motor brand ts automat motor 1.8 step 4\A 7.2V... UNIPOLAR 6 WIRE