586,106 active members*
3,177 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 4 of 11 23456
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeWhatLost View Post
    this is more of a noob Tormach question... plus add in a bit of noob milling in general, and just a very little bit of FS wizard question...

anyway, here is my question...
    I am planning a cut, well more of a pocket really, well, more of just a dent really, a 0.05" pocket to be exact... using a 4 flute carbide 1/2 endmill, into 6061 alum... nothing special/hard really, be 2 passes, a 0.045" roughing and a nice smooth .005" finish cut to make it all pretty and shiny...shiny is important

so I plug my info into FS wizard, and it says 100ipm can the pcnc 1100 do that? really? I have been super extra ultra conservative with my F&S's, just because, well, I have no clue what I am doing really...
    but cutting at 100ipm seems fast for a little 'bench top' mill...

also, anyone know what the max torque should be for the pcnc? I am guessing it should be pretty low?
    Well that is why there are limit fields with which you can control pretty much everything.
    Just type in your 1hp limit and be safe.
    Also max feed for tormach seems to be around 100 ipm.
    They dont specify torque.

In my experience you need .003" feed per tooth for mirror-like finish

Quote Originally Posted by SomeWhatLost View Post
    this is more of a noob Tormach question... plus add in a bit of noob milling in general, and just a very little bit of FS wizard question...

anyway, here is my question...
    I am planning a cut, well more of a pocket really, well, more of just a dent really, a 0.05" pocket to be exact... using a 4 flute carbide 1/2 endmill, into 6061 alum... nothing special/hard really, be 2 passes, a 0.045" roughing and a nice smooth .005" finish cut to make it all pretty and shiny...shiny is important

so I plug my info into FS wizard, and it says 100ipm can the pcnc 1100 do that? really? I have been super extra ultra conservative with my F&S's, just because, well, I have no clue what I am doing really...
    but cutting at 100ipm seems fast for a little 'bench top' mill...

also, anyone know what the max torque should be for the pcnc? I am guessing it should be pretty low?
    No, I would NOT go by those numbers. At that depth of cut horsepower should not be a limiting factor, but you won't get a very smooth finish. I'd recommend no faster than 30ipm @ full RPM's, but even that will still leave tooling marks.

A good intro to finishes can be found here:
    Tips for getting the best cnc milling surface finish

Quote Originally Posted by zero_divide View Post
    FSWizard requires .NET v2.0 or later to run

From what you are describing i can tell that the installer does not see .NET on your computer.

You simply need to agree to download the .NET framework from Microsoft website.
    That's all. After .NET is installed everything should work just fine.
    Thanks, but MS Net is installed.

I'm running .net 4.5 and firefox,got it to install running setup as administrator.

Thanks
    Hurco KMB1 Build
    Wholesale Tool 3in1 conversion
    C-Constant
    N-Nonworking
    C-Contraption

Quote Originally Posted by FannBlade View Post
    I'm running .net 4.5 and firefox,got it to install running setup as administrator.

Thanks
    Me too
    Gerry
    Currently using SC7 Build 1.6 Rev. 64105

zero_d,

I'm finding the calculated values do not always update when they should. One consistent example is if I check the "ball nose" check box, the values change. But when I un-check it, they do not revert to the previous values. Oddly enough, I've seen similar behavior in GWizard at times. I'm running v0.013.

Regards,
    Ray L.

Quote Originally Posted by HimyKabibble View Post
    zero_d,

I'm finding the calculated values do not always update when they should. One consistent example is if I check the "ball nose" check box, the values change. But when I un-check it, they do not revert to the previous values. Oddly enough, I've seen similar behavior in GWizard at times. I'm running v0.013.

Regards,
    Ray L.
    Good point, Ray!
    It is actually the planned behavior.
    But i see now that it would be better if radius went to zero after unchecking that box.
    This will be improved in next release.

Thanks.

New standalone version is available for download!
    Would like to thank everybody who gave me feedback. Even if your suggestions were not implemented this release, they are probably still in the pipeline.

Also there is a ZIPped archive for those who can not use installer because they need special permissions to install software.

Some of the new things are:
    •Tool Breakage prevention against Deflection and Torque
    •New tool types added to the list.
    •POP-UP Help baloons for many fields

Again download page is hereFSWizard Standalone

Installed over .013. Had to run as administrator to get it to install over the old files (no big surprise. Win7x64). Then it throws a .NET error on launch. Clicked continue on that and it seemed to work... but, pressing the close box throws the same .NET error and nothing I can do, save killing the program in Task Manager closes the app. That's a bit annoying
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FSWiz14-3.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by shred View Post
    Installed over .013. Had to run as administrator to get it to install over the old files (no big surprise. Win7x64). Then it throws a .NET error on launch. Clicked continue on that and it seemed to work... but, pressing the close box throws the same .NET error and nothing I can do, save killing the program in Task Manager closes the app. That's a bit annoying
    Apparently installer was not able to override old incompatible files (damn the windows). Can you try to uninstall previous version and then install the fresh one again?
    Plz tell me if it works. I clearly need to work on that.

I think that with all the problems everyone seems to be having with this FREE software, I would give up and throw it in the recycle bin.
    You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Seebold View Post
    I think that with all the problems everyone seems to be having with this FREE software, I would give up and throw it in the recycle bin.
    Well you're not obligated to use it so why would you even bother to post such a stupid negative and ungrateful comment! You think ALL software is instantly created perfect? Get a grip!

I think the vast majority of people would be grateful someone is so willing to spend THEIR time and efforts to provide the community a value for NO return other than thanks. People like you who have nothing of value to offer but instead choose to s**t on others efforts don't help!

Have a nice day!
    Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Now now Steve. Zero_divide is working real hard on it, and it sounds like a GREAT value for the money!
    I am very happy with Gwizard and quite loyal to Bob for all his hard work on his website and software, but there are peeps who don't want to pay, so good for zero_divide for proving an alternative!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Seebold View Post
    People who are NOT having problems are happily using it.

Those who do have problems post in here to HELP me HELP them resolve the issues.

What is your problem? Feel like you've gotten ripped off if the past?

EDIT: Those who are having problems during Setup may download the ZIP'ed version that does not require installation and thus windows doesn't cause issues with it.
    Or you could try to completely uninstall the older version, and then do a clean install.

Hey,
    I installed the latest release over the top of the previous one with no problems (XP SP3).
    I agree with other posters, if you don't like it, say Bye!
    I like it and it works for me!

Thanks for a good working program.
    Art
    AKA Country Bubba (Older Than Dirt)

Zero_divide, I also installed the latest release over the top of the previous one with no problems (XP SP3).

It's getting better with each revision

David

Zero_divide,

I installed the latest version over the previous with no problems. Running 64 bit version of Windows 7 . Thanks so much for all the work you've done putting this useful tool together and offering up for us to use. I applaude your effort and greatly appreciated it.

Curtis

Quote Originally Posted by Krenovian View Post
    Zero_divide,

I installed the latest version over the previous with no problems. Running 64 bit version of Windows 7. Curtis
    Same here no problem when using admin permissions.

Thank You
    Hurco KMB1 Build
    Wholesale Tool 3in1 conversion
    C-Constant
    N-Nonworking
    C-Contraption

Hey guys.
    A little update.
    Turns out i was so exited last morning that i accidentally published the wrong file!
    If you used .exe installer Please re-download it from the DL page.
    This will fix all of the problems you are having.

i juist download v14 uninstaled prev ver first workes great it now saves machine paramiters on close wich it wasnt in version 13 thankyou very much for all the hard work

Page 4 of 11 23456