586,102 active members*
2,476 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Haas Control/Windows 7 Issue's

Haas Control/Windows 7 Issue's

Hey guy’s,

We just moved our PC’s to Windows 7 64bit and had problems getting the communications working to our VM3 (we also have a VF1 but that was fine). After talking to our local HFO guys I got the hook up ok but didn’t realize that there was a deeper issue.

If I sent a file to the HDD on the VM3 from my win 7 PC the data multiplied somehow.
    Sending from an XP PC is fine and again this was not a problem sending to the VF1.
    After some google research I found that this has been an issue for many many people.

I was wondering if anyone has found a fix for this issue.

VM3 has M16.02a control software installed in 2009
    VF1 has M13.12f installed in 2005.

Thanks

My solution has been DO NOT use Windows 7.

Have you tried running whatever program you're using for transfer in compatibility mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Have you tried running whatever program you're using for transfer in compatibility mode?

Hi, I'm not actually using a program to transfer so can’t use compatibility mode. It's just drag and drop from one HDD to another across a network.
    As I mentioned, this works perfectly well on the VF1. It's just the VM3 I have a problem with.
    Thanks

Same problem here for many years since changing to windows 7. Our HFO is working on it without much joy. I'll post back when a solution is found.

Andrew.
    VF3+TRT210, VF3, VF2+HRT160, VF2SS+TR160, VF2SS+TR160, VF5TR, VF5TR, VF2SS+HRT-210HSHS,VF2SS+HRT-210HSHS,VF2SS+HRT-210HSHS

Quote Originally Posted by omy005 View Post
    Same problem here for many years since changing to windows 7. Our HFO is working on it without much joy. I'll post back when a solution is found.

Andrew.
    I suspect we have the same HFO. Is it George?

I’ve got to say I’m a bit frustrated that this is still an issue so long after win 7 was released.

Quote Originally Posted by omy005 View Post

Andrew.
    I suspect we have the same HFO. Is it George?

I’ve got to say I’m a bit frustrated that this is still an issue so long after win 7 was released.

dengo
    I think if you change your computer to 32 Bit to match the Haas control, most times everthing will work as it should, or you can use XP compatible mode in wondows 7 as well
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    dengo
    I think if you change your computer to 32 Bit to match the Haas control, most times everthing will work as it should, or you can use XP compatible mode in wondows 7 as well
    But that doen't explain why the VF1 is ok and the VM3 not.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

dengo

Yes it might do you have the hard drive option on the VF1 The same as you have on the VM3
    Mactec54

Yep,
    Both have HDD's and ethernet connected.
    VM3 has M16.02a control software installed in 2009
    VF1 has M13.12f installed in 2005.

Both worked perfectly well before we got new computers with win 7 64bit on them.

Cheers

dengo

The hard drive option is not just a hard drive added to the system, they are a complete stand aloan computer, I think you will find that there is something wrong with this computers configuration, it has nothing to do with the control software version, as this computer is compleatly separate, from the main control computer
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    dengo

The hard drive option is not just a hard drive added to the system, they are a complete stand aloan computer, I think you will find that there is something wrong with this computers configuration, it has nothing to do with the control software version, as this computer is compleatly separate, from the main control computer
    So any clues how to fix it then?

Cheers

Smile Solved

Just a heads up on what I did to fix this problem.
    We tried various Haas control software upgrades together with a software/firmware upgrade for the floppy drive.
    The combination that worked was the original control version that I listed earlier together with the updated floppy software/firmware and some gentle tweaking of the network settings on the machine.

Works perfectly now and although it took a little while to dial in on it’s a pretty simple fix.

Thanks to the guy’s at our local HFO for their help.

Quote Originally Posted by dengo View Post
    Just a heads up on what I did to fix this problem.
    We tried various Haas control software upgrades together with a software/firmware upgrade for the floppy drive.
    The combination that worked was the original control version that I listed earlier together with the updated floppy software/firmware and some gentle tweaking of the network settings on the machine.

Works perfectly now and although it took a little while to dial in on it’s a pretty simple fix.

Thanks to the guy’s at our local HFO for their help.
    Thanks for the follow up! It's always nice to hear what the solution was to a problem. Glad you have things sorted out.

The issue is the main-con processor. It has a compatability issue with 64bit which is what Windows 7 runs. There is currently no fix, and none coming anytime soon.