586,371 active members*
3,627 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BobCAM Pocket Material Entry Issue?

BobCAM Pocket Material Entry Issue?

I'm using BobCAM V1 to do some pocket machining. I chose Spiral entry which seems to work great on the roughing tool, but the finishing tool is plunging in. The location where it is plunging into was not machined by the rougher. I want the finisher to spiral in the same as the rougher. How do I go about forcing the finisher to spiral also?

Thanks!

When using a pocket feature you and a rough tool and finish tool right? When doing using the finishing tool, do you want it to finish the bottom of the pocket or just the wall?
    Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

Actually both are roughing. I'm using a 1/2" tool first to remove most of the material then coming in with a 3/16" tool to get the rest. There are some features that they have to machine around & the 1/2" tool can't reach all of the places. The 3/16" tool is plunging into one of the areas that the 1/2" tool didn't get.

The pocket feature should have a start point option. You can define where the tool will start cutting from. Using this option should force the 1st and 2nd tool to start in the same position.

The problem you are having is the 2nd tool "finish" is not doing the helix in ?
    Al DePoalo

Quote Originally Posted by aldepoalo View Post
    The problem you are having is the 2nd tool "finish" is not doing the helix in ?
    Yes, that is correct. I was able to set the start point for the first, roughing, tool, but not the second. Also, that is just the start point, it still jumps around & needs to enter the part a couple of other times.

You may not have the control you are looking for in the BobCAM V1. It almost sounds to me like you would need to use the ADV rough in order to machine this part the way you want. I currently do not have V1 loaded on my computer, but if you would PM me you contact information. I would like to speak with you on the phone to talk about some of your options.
    Al DePoalo