586,608 active members*
3,628 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Blocked as an attack site?

Blocked as an attack site?

I'm running this Sandboxed as I got a message saying this site is a verified attack sight. Anyone else get this warning?

I am and Kapersky says some gif's here have been blocked - google is blocking this site too

I also run firefox sandboxed. I have got several AVG warnings of threats blocked when entering CNC zone in the last couple days.

Maz

Just want to bump this, my Kaspersky is throwing a fit today, December 12 over CNCZone and was working fine yesterday. Google is blocking it out of the blue as well.

Nathan

Firefox seems convinced that there's some malware on the site someplace; I got some very insistent warnings. It looks like postings are way down today, so at least some people believe it. Maybe it's time for some housecleaning?

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

Type about:config in your url bar. Search for malware or google I can't remember and turn it off. Side note I've been using WaterFox with great results.

My PC was compromised seconds after visiting cnczone.com in Internet Explorer. Google Chrome would not let me in..

My firewall and antivirus is gone, can't log onto any security website, get redirected to spam sites. Offline scan reports rootkit trojan.

As a precaution, I am only accessing this site from inside a virtual machine running linux. I will revert to a previous snapshot if I suspect anything is up but it won't be a cause for me to stop visiting!

I have Sandboxie and Ghostery turned on until it's clear whether this malware threat is real or imagined.

Here's a video from CTV news showing Google's malware team, located in Canada and how they operate.

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/google-te...ites-1.1092852

I have been getting warnings from Norton about Fake App Attacks from here as well.

Google Chrome also blocks access to this site without a manual over ride. It never did that before. Something is going on... Hopefully the ADMINS will figure it out...

It's Google BS IMO. Or someone is trying to harm the largest CNC community place.
    Don't be so afraid or you'll become paranoid. Also don't be so gullible about the good intents of big companies. They are chasing their own interests at our expense.

Yah!!! The malware notice is GONE! At least it is for me at the moment.

It's so confusing. One minute I'm convinced it's a big google conspiracy trying to crush their competition. They even flagged Twitpic as a malware site a few days ago and some twitter pages got malwared as well. Back in 2009 they erroneously flagged the entire internet as malware for about an hour. LOL Google warns entire Internet is malware | Business Tech - CNET News so they're definitely capable of making a mistake.

Then, on the other hand there are other web site checkers, bisides google, that also think there is malware present. Google gets specific on where the virisus are coming from and the path they took, but not specifically what the malware is. Sophos a few days ago got very specific and claimed that this site's visitors were, and still are, exposed to two different pieces of malware, now they've added a third: Troj/ExpJS-EW, Mal/ExpJS-AX, Troj/SWF-N. That last one is pretty new, they've only discovered and had a vaccine for about 10 days now. So who knows, maybe it's some new'ish, hard to detect piece of filthy stinking malware.

Wepawet has been flagging this site as "suspicious" for days but just today they have upgraded the status to "benign."
    Wepawet » JavaScript Report for http://cnczone.com

I believe google, Sophos and possibly wepawet do their own site evals and don't rely on a shared site blacklist. Lots of site checkers just use google's blacklist and so many give the same results naturally.

It's hard to really know what's going on. In the meantime, keep your head down and try to stay safe.