586,119 active members*
3,676 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

FeatureCAM Post

After quite a bit looking on the Internet and in various forums for a post processor for Mach3 for FeatureCAM I found nothing,
    so I brewed my own one that works quite well including subroutine calls and nice typing.

Hope it helps someone out there :-)

Update: Just put the "new" version up, some corrections...

Also, if you use macros, you'll have to put them all at the end of the file if you want to use it in Mach3... Quite easy to do: all sections beginning with an O# (where # is a number) and ending with an M99 you cut and paste at the very end of the file (after the M2 of the proper program).

Quite easy to do, but haven't figured out how to implement it in the Featurecam post, yet.

For any problems please feel free to write back :-)

Best
    Pierre
    Attached Files Attached Files

New version

Hello all,

I've been playing around while I finished the mill. As I got a couple messages I thought I'd post the latest version I use.

It still has some 'bugs' but it works pretty well for me so far.
    I managed to incorporate the macros (M99 subprograms) in a manner that work in Mach3.

Only bug left is that you'll need to verify all G0 moves: on my workstation it does Z and XY moves together, resulting sometimes in a travel through material.
    I edit all CNC files by adding the G0 Z move right before every G0 X Y Z line so I'm sure he goes up first then moves sideways.
    As soon as I figure out how to do it I'll post the new version here Or if anybody found it please post the fix too!

Lathe post coming soon too as I nearly completed the CNC retrofit for the minilathe...

Best
    pierre
    Attached Files Attached Files