586,894 active members*
4,161 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Yeah baby!

Page 2 of 3 123
    Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    What is the "pro module"I have not heard of another one except the standard.Is this something that comes with 4th axis??This is what my license looks like.I see no "Pro Module"listed on their website.
    Jr,
    You uninstalled the new build that contains the new 4th and 5th axis additions. I didn't. When you re-install it, your license will have a 4th pro, a 5th standard and a 5th pro and a Sim Pro addition in it...

So is simulation pro something I will have to pay xtra for.I am not going to be using 4th,at least for now.

So is simulation pro something I will have to pay xtra for.I am not going to be using 4th,at least for now.
    I think that comes with the Pro modules, but I'm not sure. You'll have to ask them.

I guess I am getting a little ahead of things,Bob has a few things to take care of first.Then we have to figure out who is going to be Guinea Pigs for new update,ha,ha,ha.(I probably will.)

Quote Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post
    Burr, I like everything except that crimped piece. Machine it. If it is just for the drawing exercise maybe.
    Hey fastest,
    Just in case you missed it, the idea is to build the model for the new pro sim. The machine is fully definable and I will attempt to simulate with the actual machine!!! (crimped piece and all). I will have a model that accurately depicts everything, and one thats very basic, like the BobCad default one.

I see what you all are doing. I am not sure I understand how to do it. I am challenged enough with 2D.
    A lazy man does it twice.

Burr.... is the new sim in v25 showing what BC thinks the toolpath should look like or is it supposed to be based on the the actual G-code?

The paths that were shown by the now recalled build certainly didn't match my G-code.

Mold,
    I'm not 100 percent certain yet, but I believe it is the same as the old system in that, the "sim" just simulates the generated toolpath. This verifies the toolpath on part that you have designed. I think a backplot is still needed on output gcode because that is a huge varience, with different posting configs.

The build was pulled mainly for the posting "engine" (this isnt the post processors)wasnt generating arcs.

As an added note, I stated in a couple threads, this personal opinion:

The build is so different, and so many things have been added, My "old post processor" will not output the same. I will be rebuilding one to go with the new system. Although in some cases it "should" output something useful, "I" think you would be best served to take one of the newley setup posts and start the process of personalizing it. You'll be happier in the end.

jr

I asked BC, yes, Burr is right, if you buy a "Pro" module then it will have the full Pro simulation, can`t see a big need for it under normal use but as it would come with for example the 4th Pro module which you would want for all the "snazzy" tool pathing I suppose it`s OK for something to experiment with.

Although Burr did touch on the fact that it might need a lot more PC "grunt" to have all those solids in motion, I`ve no doubt he will enlighten us when he has one done and running, sorry, haven`t had time to do any more on mine

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine Guy View Post
    jr
    Although Burr did touch on the fact that it might need a lot more PC "grunt" to have all those solids in motion
    Regards
    Well, only in the sense of me "modeling complete detail" as I will be showing. Screws, grooves, wires, washers etc....... For sure however, I will make a simplified one.

sorry, haven`t had time to do any more on mine
    Mother-in-law has been in town and a hold was put on mine... Will resume here shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post

Mother-in-law has been in town and a hold was put on mine... Will resume here shortly.
    What can I say, some guys just seem to get all the good times

Regards

Finally finagled some time to start the machine parts again. Here's a rough of the rest of the 4th setup. I'll get more up when I do some detail work tommorow:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	broad_strokes.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	174719

I give that a Like and a WoW.The spindle will turn during simulation too?

I put a piece of stock in the chuck. This will be part of the "face" and combined in the rotary, and that will rotate. I dont think I can make the motor drive turn, if thats what you mean.

No to Motor Drive.You answered me question.Pretty cool.

Hey that looks exactly like my 4th axis setup.

Quote Originally Posted by bjm323 View Post
    Hey that looks exactly like my 4th axis setup.
    Not yet, But it WILL!

lol.....

Name:	exploded_rotary.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	174804

Maybe if my brother ever burns out a motor I can disassemble it and get the guts right..... Same for whatever is driving the thing, but maybe it's a good guess? (Probably a few more teeth of some sorts)...

Still have the plug to go, then that'll be everything I can see.

Shows a few things I have to clean up:

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	174841

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	174842

"eisai omorfi"
    You said you were going to push the Simulation to the limits.Are you there yet?

Page 2 of 3 123