586,082 active members*
3,703 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > V25 Build 758 not posting

V25 Build 758 not posting

I just updated to the new build, I it will not post the program. I am using a post that came with the new build, but I am trying to post existing layout.

The progress bar goes half way, than closes. No errors, no program.

Do I need to change anything to get it to post? A lot of new stuff here.

Thanks,
    Fred

Seal, are you on a 64 bit system or a 32bit system?

Quote Originally Posted by seal1966 View Post
    I just updated to the new build, I it will not post the program. I am using a post that came with the new build, but I am trying to post existing layout.

The progress bar goes half way, than closes. No errors, no program.

Do I need to change anything to get it to post? A lot of new stuff here.

Thanks,
    Fred
    Fred

This has happened to a number of people with the new update, fear not "You are not alone"

Contact BC support, they are aware of this problem and will fix it for you quickly, it is probably about file permissions read/write etc and/or running BC as Administrator, anyway they will either go on to your PC and fix it or give you instructions for doing it youself

Regards

64 Bit

Not posting

I have not seen this happen before.. Contact BobCAD-CAM support @ 727-489-0003 Call from your computer we can take a look.

This has happened to a number of people with the new update, fear not "You are not alone"

Contact BC support, they are aware of this problem and will fix it for you quickly, it is probably about file permissions read/write etc and/or running BC as Administrator, anyway they will either go on to your PC and fix it or give you instructions for doing it yourself
    Why not just post it here, and save all the phone calls.

Could you please try the following. In the CAM Tree expand CAM Part, right click on Milling Tools and click Part->Current Settings... Go to the Posting page and try reselecting your file path. Simply set it back to the same place, C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM V25\NC\Mill\ and then try posting again.

If you select one of the machines we install or refresh it, this may help. This has seemed to be the case with several customers.

Could you please try the following. In the CAM Tree expand CAM Part, right click on Milling Tools and click Part->Current Settings... Go to the Posting page and try reselecting your file path. Simply set it back to the same place, C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM V25\NC\Mill\ and then try posting again.

If you select one of the machines we install or refresh it, this may help. This has seemed to be the case with several customers.
    I just gave this a try, still no posting. I going to try to uninstall V25 and re install it.

Quote Originally Posted by seal1966 View Post
    I just gave this a try, still no posting. I going to try to uninstall V25 and re install it.
    If you manage to re-install best to stop at Build 678 for now till there is a sure hard and fast fix that can be posted

If I get one I will Post it

Regards

BOBCAD...THANK YOU FOR DOING THE RIGHT THING!

BELOW IS WHAT IS NOW POSTED...THE LATEST BUILD HAS BEEN PULLED!

UPDATE as of Oct 4th, 2012: BobCAD-CAM Development is actively making improvements to the latest Build #758 released October 2, 2012. If you have already updated to Build 758, please roll back to Build #678.

To do this simply uninstal Build 758 and re-install Build 678. The reason for this delay is due to an unexpected issue in posting arc movements. Should you have any questions or concerns please contact BobCAD-CAM support at 727-489-0003.

We appologize for any inconvience and we appreciate your patience. Thank you.
    Big Chipin, spreading tha cheese, I be Big Chipin for days!

Earning Respect! !

Now that`s how to earn some respect, as Big Chips says, thanks for doing the "right" thing.

Way better than trying to tell folks with problems that there is nothing wrong with the software, tell it like it is and get things sorted out asap and that will go a long, long way in my book

I may not be the fastest or smartest learner around but to be told something is OK when it clearly isn`t doesn`t "win friends and influence people", doing what you have done now will for sure

Now everyone will be more than happy to wait for a fully "sorted" update, even if it takes a while

Regards

I am having problems to, let me understand this uninstall v25 the whole program current build 758, and where do i get build 678 from ? I just upgraded to V25 yesterday build 758 the e mail they sent had the latest release.

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine Guy View Post
    Now that`s how to earn some respect, as Big Chips says, thanks for doing the "right" thing.

Way better than trying to tell folks with problems that there is nothing wrong with the software, tell it like it is and get things sorted out asap and that will go a long, long way in my book

I may not be the fastest or smartest learner around but to be told something is OK when it clearly isn`t doesn`t "win friends and influence people", doing what you have done now will for sure

Now everyone will be more than happy to wait for a fully "sorted" update, even if it takes a while

Regards
    I doubt that fixing "the posting engine not outputing the arcs" will fix this:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/1176770-post60.html

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    I doubt that fixing "the posting engine not outputing the arcs" will fix this:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/1176770-post60.html
    Now, now Burr, you should know better

Of course it will fix everything, that`s the idea, while it`s "down" to have the arcs fixed I think you will find that the rest will be magically transformed by that "fix" into a lovely working multi-axis software

Oh ye of little faith, it will all come to "he who waits", feel the force Luke

Regards

actually it may Burr...since Bobcad did contact me today and offered to help prior to the announcement...however i needed to finish some parts up and was only interested in getting back up and running today....when i was done and ready to try and sort this out...they had pulled the update sometime after lunch.

I really do like V25...and the service i have received from Bobcad...but this was unreal.

many of you do not know what i do for a living...but my background is in retail/wholesale sales which includes product development and marketing. What transpired since 10-2-12 with the release of 758 was a PR nightmare for them and while they tried to handle it the way they thought was best since there issues are most likely to be on the end user end due to conflicts ect... it most likely became to overwhelming with calls into the office and thus they realized this was not a small number of online chat rats chewing up the cheese...so to speak and decided to pull the release till they can actually figure out what is causing this.

I spoke honest and direct no different from how i would have spoke to anyone on the phone...just the way i am...pulling this as I suggested was a smart move in my opinion.

let me be clear in this....when i called it 'junk' i was referring to the latest update..NOT the software as a whole...V25 is no where near junk...nowhere..
    Big Chipin, spreading tha cheese, I be Big Chipin for days!