586,100 active members*
2,581 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Coolant Motor

I have an older OKK PCV40. I recently hooked up the coolant. I keep tripping a breaker about 3-4 mins in after turning the coolant on. Flow is good. The motor only konks out under load. If i take it out of the coolant it runs fine. What could possible problems be ? Bad contact in the motor ?

I found the issue with this. There was a heater trip switch which had the clock face set to the wrong amperage.

Re: Coolant Motor

Sorry to dig up an old thread, do you still have the PCV40? How do you like it overall?

I'm looking at buying an OKK PCV40, not sure where you are in Canada but it would be great if there's someone else with the same machine that I could consult for stuff like parameters and so on!
    Gough Custom - http://goughcustom.com/

Hi Aaron,

This is my first CNC. Ive learned on it as well. I have the Fanuc10M control. I love it !! Its been taken care of and holds .0004" repeatability with x,y moving. I have had a couple problems on it. There is a fella not far from me who knows it inside and out.

I am located in St. Catharines ON

Quote Originally Posted by Jones'r View Post
    Hi Aaron,

This is my first CNC. Ive learned on it as well. I have the Fanuc10M control. I love it !! Its been taken care of and holds .0004" repeatability with x,y moving. I have had a couple problems on it. There is a fella not far from me who knows it inside and out.

I am located in St. Catharines ON
    Thanks for the response mate!

I went and had a look at the machine today. Got an electrician in to power it up temporarily. The spindle drive wouldn't come on, and on closer inspection scorch marks were found on the rear of the spindle drive cabinet... I'd be interested in getting the contact details for your tech if you're willing to share, seems like it would be good to talk to someone that knows the machine well.

The machine seems like a bit of a risky buy given it's state, but maybe a good tech would change my mind on that!

It does look like an amazing machine otherwise. Pretty sure it's not one I'd regret buying if it was up and running!
    Gough Custom - http://goughcustom.com/