587,019 active members*
3,962 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy Medelas Mo controls

First post for me and it is probably in the wrong spot. I just bought a Leadwell MCV-O with Mitisubishi controls. Does anyone know how to input files via the RS-232 port?? What other devises do I need??? Thanks

You will need an RS232 cable, you can usually use a 3 wire configuration with the handshake jumpered out. Also you need a communication (modem) program.
    You can obtain alot of info and a free DNC program at www.cadem.com
    Al
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Do you know the model of the control? It should show you on the first screen that appears after it is powered up.

the controls are Meldas Mo.

Is this an old control? I know the M3/L3, M50, M500, M64, M625 and Magic 64, but I've never heard of an Mo. Can you post a picture of the control unit and the operator console?

Regards,
    Scott

You will need to make sure you select the correct DEVICE on the control as well as once selected, configure the baud, data, stop and parity. I recommend you attempt to send a part program from the control back to the PC 1st.

Please feel free to give me a call at our company for assistance. We also have RS-232 cables that do not require any soldiering or crimping. Plug and Play as they say.
    We also have a CNC Editor Express for $250 that does all of the communications to the CNCs.
    Greg Mercurio
    Shop Floor Automations, Inc.
    www.shopfloorautomations.com
    (619) 461-4000 Tel

thanks alot for all the help. I will post a pic of the controls tomarrow. BTW, the date of the machine is 1989. The front pannel of the machine says "Medals Mo".???

Quote Originally Posted by justin
    "Medals Mo".???
    Should that be "Meldas"? a Pic of the control might help also. As the M3 dates back to before 1989 I believe.
    Al

Albert E.

sorry for the spelling error. Yes, that is "Meldas Mo". I have searched the net and found other Leadwell machines with the same controls as well.

Al, do you use this product (cadem), or know someone who does? It looks very nice/simple. The wireless part sound good, but would it be reliable?

I have used the freebee, I haven't used the wireless version. But they are a company that has been around for a few years and seem to know their stuff.
    I like their neat idea of an un-attended PC to act as server and the machine operator can request a file to download of off the server, regardless of almost what kind of control you have, as long as it capable of send and recieve through the the communication port.
    Al

Albert E.

I have a sneaking hunch the control may be the same as fitted to mazak T1, Does it have one large mother board with a ram board piggy-backed to it?
    The first thing you need to do if you do not have the documentation with the machine is to record/document the parameter screens and chuck barrier and cutting condition screens. If you lose the battery all the parameter are lost! Also over time record the Tool data screens. If this is the same as the T1, I have the parameter reload instructions.
    Al

Albert E.

I recently have problems with a MELDAS 50 controller regarding the communication between PC and CNC.
    It seems the machine originally came with a software on a floppy (A:\MITSU\comu.exe), but being a second hand machine (EAGLE 1000), that floppy has been lost.
    I have tried with a lot of DNC programms (hyper terminal, term95, easyDNC-XP) without any success.
    Could anybody help me ?

Most Mitsubishi controls are very picky about parameter settings, another important item is the cable configuration. I worked for Mits. for quite sometime, if you want email me your cable configuration and parameter set-up and I'll try to help you ([email protected]). You can also reach me at 678-3614785

M0, or M50?

By the machine model I believe the control must be an M0.

I'm not sure if this is what you need, check attached.

I think COMU is used for transfer of the PLC program, I haven't heard of anybody using it for DNC. But, give it a try.

Regards,
    Scott
    Attached Files Attached Files

It is a MELDAS 520 AMR not 50 (my mistake, sorry !)

Thank you MetLHead !

I will try it, but it REALLY seems to be the program described in the manual !!!