586,071 active members*
4,000 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: bug????

Exclamation bug????

V24- until today I have had no problem helical milling with "profile"

when i try to do it now, all of a sudden the option under "patterns" (i forgot what it is called) is missing. it is also missing in every other program i have ever used it in also. i tried using threadmilling also (trick it into helicial milling a hole) and that is not allowing me to select geometry. these are all things that i am %100 totally positive worked fine yesterday and every other day, nothing has changed. no updates no new software installed- nothing. is a known bug and can it be fixed?:drowning:

ps- contour ramping and side roughing are what is missing from the patterens dialog page. they were always there before today

Quote Originally Posted by hatchmar View Post
    V24- until today I have had no problem helical milling with "profile"

when i try to do it now, all of a sudden the option under "patterns" (i forgot what it is called) is missing. it is also missing in every other program i have ever used it in also. i tried using threadmilling also (trick it into helicial milling a hole) and that is not allowing me to select geometry. these are all things that i am %100 totally positive worked fine yesterday and every other day, nothing has changed. no updates no new software installed- nothing. is a known bug and can it be fixed?:drowning:

ps- contour ramping and side roughing are what is missing from the patterens dialog page. they were always there before today
    You haven't changed this file at all have you?

ToolPattern.TPATT

I have noticed that if I change ENDMILL ROUGH to ENDMILL FINISH or something like that, the contour and side roughing patterns will become unavailable (like they never existed).

Could be something else but this has happened to me before. I quit messing with the ToolPattern files.

thanks for all the help- ill checvk it out- i do know about the tppat file- but havnt touched it in a long time