586,639 active members*
3,053 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Fanuc system 10

I can't get a program to load on our Takisawa TC-2 CNC Lathe. My original problem was a 101 P/S alarm which I was able to clear by changing the PWE from 0 to 1, cycled the power, changed it from 1 to 0, cycled the power again and that cleared the original problem. Now the machine will not take a new program, neither thru our shop link system nor through our Greco Box at the machine, or thru Midi. The CRT enternally flashes LSK but never never loads the program. Any ideas?

Yikes, I was thinking 0T and saying/typing 10!!!

I have a system 0T not 10! Sorry for the confusion.

It sounds like you had the PWE bit set this allows parameters to be changed, someone may have change the communication parameters?
    If you have a hard copy of the parameters, check
    Check the setting screen for the right 'device'
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Thanks for the response Al!

I/O is set at 0, parameter 0002 is at 00000001 and 552 is at 10 (4800). I am confident we have ran this machine at 4800 in the past.

"Check the setting screen for the right 'device'"- Not sure what you mean by this.

I/O is set at 0, parameter 0002 is at 00000001 and 552 is at 10 (4800). I am confident we have ran this machine at 4800 in the past.
    The Greco Box DNC we are using is set at:
    4800 baud
    2 stop bits
    7 data bits
    EVEN parity
    Xon/Xoff handshaking

The Shoplink DNC system we are using is set at 4800, 7, E, 1

Even with that, still flashing LSK. Trying to get our parts guy to go purchase a RS232 data checker now. Could there be any other parameter that could affect this?

Try para. 0002 11110000 also if you have a simple communication program try dumping a file out first to test the RS232 link.
    I assume you have the same cable, if it uses a hardware handshake cable. try a three wire with the handshake jumpered. Go to the Cadem.com site for cable connections and a transfer program if you need one.
    Al.

Albert E.

I've ruled out the cables and both DNC systems. I can get both to work at other machines. Being this started out as a PWE alarm, I have been concentrating on parameters but everything is checking out with those as well. My I/O is set to 0 and 002 (00000001) and 552 (10) are set correctly. If there is no other parameter responsible for communication, I suspect my problem might be a blown IC but still very open to suggestions.

Order a break out box from Digi-Key (next day air $14.00) AE1040-ND This will tell you the status of your RS232 lines, and if you have a hardware problem.
    Al.

Albert E.

We found a used Blue Box Model 60 break out box, unfortunately no manual. #4 RTS, #5 CTS, #6 DSR, #8 DCD, #20 DTR, #25 BUSY all light red during a file transfer attempt, does anybody know what this means?

assuming you have a hardware wired handshake cable, i.e. not just a three wire cable as I previously mentioned. You should see green LED's on a transfer and it depends on which way around you have the box as to what direction signals we are seeing.
    It appears you may have a hardware problem.
    If you put the break-out on a working machine, that will give you an idea what you should be getting.
    Al.

Albert E.

I used a cable that has proven to be a good cable to transfer the files with the break out box. As you suggested, I hooked it up to a machine that has no issues and the lights on the break out box came on and off during the file transfer and the file was transferred successfully. When I try on the machine in question, the lights stay on and the file fails to transfer. The cable to the board is not damaged, the plug seems to be fine, I guess it's an IC? I wish I knew more about how to use the break out box, I'm sure it would answer my questions.

Connect the cable to the machine and connect the break out box only, no PC or Greco, place a jumper from 4 to 5 and to 6,8 & 20. then send a file out and see if there is any changes to the LED's.
    I have repleced the IC's succesfully on most sytems often they are standard RS232 Ic's MC1488 & MC1489 or you can remove the board and trace the RS232 from the Honda socket to to the IC. I am not sure what they are on a 0.
    Al.

Albert E.

Alarm 101 is telling you that the program area is corrupted usually by having a power off during editing or file transfer.
    Although it is quite possible that you have a RS232 receiver driver fault you should try to to repeat the clear program area procedure.
    In addition to setting PWE to 1, you should hold down the Delete key while you power up. (dont try this with other FANUC models than the OT series as you may lose all parameters)
    good luck

Thanks to both of you for your replies....
    Al, I tried but there isn't any program in there to send out. When I corrected my original PWE problem, the machine somehow dumped every file it had stored and will not a file to be transfer via dnc or greco. Also, the machine will not allow a program to be written at the machine either.
    Boss, no luck there either. There are no programs to clear and I also tried powering up with delete button pushed in but it made no difference.

To summarize to this point,
    I'm still working off and on with this Fanuc system 0 problem and now the problem seems to be bigger than just communication problems that are keeping me from transferring files. The machine also will not let me store any commands in midi. My original problem was a PWE alarm, I changed it back to 0 and corrected that fault then went to run the machine and noticed the memory went blank, then ran into the file transfer problems. Has anybody seen this before?

It would seem you do have other problems, have you considered re-loading the parameters?
    Al.

Albert E.

You must have protect key turned off to upload part programs or edit part programs.
    All P/S alarms are program alarms, you don't need pwe on to upload or download.
    if you see lsk, it means waiting for input, but you must have the key turned off.

The key is off, checked it with a meter to make sure, still no luck.