586,075 active members*
4,141 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 10m short circuit limit switch

Fanuc 10m short circuit limit switch

Did a big mistake and got a short circuit with the screwdriver when i should tighten the terminals on X-axis limit switch...
    Have had problems with that the control sometimes does a limit switch alarm when i do fast movement to Y-home. The alarm just stops the control and as soon the alarm comes - it dissapears and i can start the program again but it's very irritating...
    Have replaced the wires to the Y-limit switch and checked the switch / terminals and therefore i now was on the X-switch.
    However, now the control doesn't work at all and i have parts that should be machined....

The control seems to got into "emergency stop" mode and i couldn't do anything... Have checked every fuse i could find in the cabinet but can't find any bad.

The crt's Operator Message says:
    Ex 06 Emergency Stop
    Ex 08 Spindle Servo Alarm
    Ex 11 2ND Limit Switch is Working
    Ex 13 Spindle Oil Air Alarm

On the masterboard there is code "1", that says normal operation.

Have tried with: "disconnect" check soft OT at power on - in IPL mode, but that didn't made any difference.

What should i do to get rid of the alarms? Could something got broken by the short circuit?

Please help....
    Kitamura Mycenter 1 -83 with Fanuc 3M-C and Mycenter 1B -85 with 10M control.
    Yes, they are old..... but i still like them!

Have you checked the small fuses on any of the I/O boards, I/O type boards vary depending on the specs of the system you have?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Thanks Al for your quick reply! No, i dont think that i found any "small" fuses..? Only some green fuses (not that small i think) and some bigger black fuses. Do you have any picture or link to the small fuses you mean?
    Is it the I/O board that "controls" the limit switches?

There are quite a few different possible configurations for the 10/11/12 etc, some remotor I/O boards are fibre optic fed, others hard wired, but most have the small green fuses on them. Usually it is these that go if there is a short on any of the I/O.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I'm not near my cnc at this time but i have documented that the I/O board is:
    DI/O Board: A16B-1210-0322 A

When i google this i can see that there seems to be one green fuse at that board and i know that i didn't checked that because it's in a very bad place...

I will check that as soon as possible... could it be that fuse that is given me these alarms, and put the control i emergency stop? Could it otherwise perhaps be the power supply?

Thanks!

Well, it sure was the fuse on the I/O board! Ordered some new fuses yesterday after i checked it on the morning and got it today. Tested it tonight and bingo, it works again! :banana:

Thank you very much Al the Man for your help that pointed me to the right place.

/Swemill

Congratulations Swemill and nice job Al_The_Man
    Although I have been a little more order on my Fanuc who is in office.
    Right now it works LSK / output again on the screen. I see that the port is trying to send.
    So with a little luck it may just be soldering job now then ..... again

You can see my discussion in same three under Fanuc/Ladder RS232
    /DW

Quote Originally Posted by Swemill View Post
    Well, it sure was the fuse on the I/O board! Ordered some new fuses yesterday after i checked it on the morning and got it today. Tested it tonight and bingo, it works again! :banana:

Thank you very much Al the Man for your help that pointed me to the right place.

/Swemill
    I currently have the same issue. I don’t see any blown fuses though, unless there is one in a location I don’t see.

Which fuse was it of yours?