586,664 active members*
5,546 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Tool Path Question

Tool Path Question

I want to thank everyone involved who help me get going with a collision error message.
    Back on topic... I'm trying to build a plastic injection mold. I have all the layers turned off except for the "A" plate. My stock is picked for the insert size, went through the tool set up, selected what to cut... then created a tool path. It generated the tool path like the "B" plate was part of the stock how do I remove these air cuts?

Can you post a screen shot of the tool path you are getting
    Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

Can you post a screen shot of the tool path you are getting
    Al DePoalo

As a work around with only the A plate visible I did a copy, open new drawing, paste. Hope there is a better way
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CLAW MOLD.jpg  

You have options for where the tool will start and stop cutting. What are your setting for parameters
    Al DePoalo

Quote Originally Posted by wmbeau View Post
    As a work around with only the A plate visible I did a copy, open new drawing, paste. Hope there is a better way
    If you select the "geometry" part of any feature, the selected geometry will highlight in the viewport. Maybe turn your layers back on and select the geometry item and see if you inadvertently have some surfaces from the b plate in there. Also, if you reselect geometry, you need to re-compute the toolpath beore it will actually change.

Did a tool path for the B plate and it worked like expected... Question how do you keep the A plate and the B plate separated in the CAM tree? Also hate to say... My "invalid collision Pair" error is back :-(

( Quote) "invalid collision Pair" error is back :-(

make sure the material mode is set, if i set toolpath mode i get this, works fine in material mode
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.JPG  

I saw you only had one machine setup in the cam tree. If you are toolpathing 2 different parts in the same file you will need 2 differnet machine setups. Were is the Z0 on this part ???

MikeG

Mike You answered my question, did not see the option for "machine setup 2" TY

I called BobCAD about the collision error. Jesse called back in minutes. He went through some painstaking trouble shooting not only to fix my machine but to find out what is the cause. We got real close, did about 3 things and it started working. I feel when it bombs again we will be able to pin point the cause. ( It has something to do with the "file paths")

How do you define the Milling stock for the second part (second machine setup)?

I found it

Moving right along... Fixed the air cuts of the B plate with TOP OF PART set at 000. now how to eliminate the tool wrapping around the end???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Claw mold2.jpg  

If you want to stop the toolpath from cutting all the way down the part side , you can use the bottom of job field in the feature . Jus tcheck and tell how deep you want to go ( - number ) it will stop there.