586,075 active members*
4,035 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: BobCad V23

BobCad V23

Trying to create a feature for spot drilling holes. I want the feature to also save the Work Offset that was used.
    I save it, calling it ***G59 and have work offset #6 active. when reloaded it defaults back to work offset #1.
    Anyone have a work around?

No work around. I suppose we could ask about it. There may be a reason not to save the work offset in the feature. At this point, the work around is to just know a particular work offset needs to be selected with the geometry.

The new V25 system doesnt save the work offset value into the feature either, but I think it picks up the work offset from the machine setup level (A new part of the new system). I'll have to double check if it works this way correctly.....

Quote Originally Posted by older_pup View Post
    Trying to create a feature for spot drilling holes. I want the feature to also save the Work Offset that was used.
    I save it, calling it ***G59 and have work offset #6 active. when reloaded it defaults back to work offset #1.
    Anyone have a work around?
    Before you load the feature, you could preset the work offset by rt-clk Milling Stock > Edit > Work Offset.

Once set, all new features will load with the preset offset.

Might not be worth it for one or two features but it saves time on many-featured parts.

Work Offset

It is the intent for the Work Offset to not save with the feature so the work offset from the machine setup can be used. If you always use a certain offset You may want to Hard code your values into the Canned Cycle area of your post.. Or Create a drawing file edit the work offset and use the drawing like a "Template".