586,036 active members*
3,695 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > List of program names and #'s

List of program names and #'s

Does anyone know of an easy way to make a list of program #'s from a backup file? For example, I backed up the memory of our 3016 to a PC. Now I have a huge file that I can search and edit with MS WORD or similar program. What I would like to do is search for the O word and copy that line out to another file so that I can print a list of programs. I could do it program by program but at over 300 pages its not worth the time. Any ideas?

Dave

Dave,

Give NCPlot a try.
    www.ncplot.com

NCPlot has a feature that will take a file like this and save each program into a separate file. It scans the file for 'O' words or the colon char ":" and gets the program number that follows it. That section of the file then gets saved to a file named by program number. Just load your file and then go to File | Save as Separate.

Regards,
    Scott

Scott,

Thanks for the tip. NCPlot looks very promising. I downloaded the beta and it looks like a very useful program. I have a couple of questions but I'll post them in the NCPlot forum.
    Thanks,

Dave

I write programs in Basic, Visual Basic all the time to do simple things like that.

If can't get what you want and you really need it done... let me know.. I will do it for scrap material.. hahah

Eddie Weeks