586,113 active members*
3,212 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SheetCam > Engraving with Sheetcam

Engraving with Sheetcam

I am using sheetcam with the Mach3 processor and am having some issues engraving letters. I imported the drawing of the letters (attached) and selected spiral pocketing with the end mill I'm using and it overlaps into the "bubbles" for the letters like the R A and B. No matter how I adjust it i cant seem to get it to behave. Any ideas as to why it doesn't want to behave?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Brian,
    When I first tried this as a pocket, I get a warning about open paths. Even though on import it said that it had deleted duplicate lines, I have Several at least on the the B and R!
    This is a common problem when using "fancy" fonts. They never seem to explode cleanly.
    Art
    AKA Country Bubba (Older Than Dirt)

First off, what program did you use to create these letter with..Did you use the "thicken" command?? What you need is simple closed polylines to cut with. Your example actually has lines above other lines (thicken) and it messes everything up..Try this DXF file..I wasn't sure what the font is so I tried to use something close
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by C.Michael View Post
    First off, what program did you use to create these letter with..Did you use the "thicken" command?? What you need is simple closed polylines to cut with. Your example actually has lines above other lines (thicken) and it messes everything up..Try this DXF file..I wasn't sure what the font is so I tried to use something close
    I am using sketchup at the moment because its free.

Ill try that dxf as soon as the new controller for the table comes in, thanks!

Brian