586,345 active members*
3,254 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Beware of build 769
Page 5 of 6 3456
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Chips View Post
    so can we get a idea when the next update will be?
    Bump don't work.Can we get a fix?

Imagine

'Twilight Zone music playing" Version 22

Not sure if i am in the right area but here it goes. When i try to DNC with predator i can not get the machine to take control i keep having to hit the ok button after it downloads and runs a section of the program. I am sure i have a setting i need to change however i have tried every combination i can think of. Can any body Help????

DNC HELP

Not sure if i am in the right area but here it goes. When i try to DNC with predator i can not get the machine to take control i keep having to hit the ok button after it downloads and runs a section of the program. I am sure i have a setting i need to change however i have tried every combination i can think of. Can any body Help????

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    Bump don't work.Can we get a fix?
    Most companies wont tell you "releae dates and schedules". Thats because things are always happening and the day before the "stated date" something puts it off, then people are unhappy with that.

Maybe start a new thread that Al can respond to regarding the updates.

There's a skip in that record now.

Quote Originally Posted by mattmont View Post
    I assume you are trying to "drip feed" to the machine control, if so is the machine control setup for "drip feeding" most controls need a parameter setting and there are some older ones ( Fanuc 0M-A) that won`t "drip feed".

The other thing is are you set up for both "Hardware" and "Software" handshaking and do you have the box "Wait for CNC" checked ? ?

Regards

Smile

""Maybe start a new thread that Al can respond to regarding the updates.""

Think he could respond regardless.Saying nothing speaks volumes too.

"there's a skip in that record now"

More like a huge scratch.Sorry to keep bringin it up every 2 or 3 Weeks.Probably just me.I will let it die.:nono::violin::drowningchair):nono::tired:

Sorry guys been really busy... only a few days left till the end of the year and you know how that goes.

As far as a new update I really couldn t tell you when the next one will come out, but I am sure there will be one in the near future. As issues are reported we work on them. If there is anything you would like to report please use this link.

BobCAM-CAM Software Issue Report, Feature Request | CAD/CAM | BobCAD-CAM

These reports go directly to our development team and trust me they are working hard to make BobCAD the best it can be.
    Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

AL,I think if we just get the issues resolved that have been on this forum since the release you will have an AAA Software.Further Enhancements are always a plus,but get what we got already %100 and all other competitors will have to work hard to keep market share.Your really that close in my eyes to really knocking a Home-Run.P.S.Thanx for Responding,by the way I don't play records,I am a CD kind of Guy and I do it the right way on a Krell CD player through a Theta Pre-Amp and Adcom & Anthem Amp,with Klipsh and B&W Speaks,with JL Audio Sub.

The Broken Record comment was for another poster JR. Not meant to stiffle any input or questions you have. Although, "Beware of BobCad" is kindof a dead horse to look for answers in......

There are a few who are just dying to get into it.....

Gotcha Burr,guess I not catch that.We are good as always,C U Hopefully after Tomorrow(12-21-12)he,he

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    C U Hopefully after Tomorrow
    I've been hiding in the bushes, on the lookout for zombies, with my tin hat on, but havnt received any communications yet. When I receive further plans, I'll contact you. Over.

Roger ThatI wonder how things are in Australia right now.Gettin to that time there.Over.

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine Guy View Post
    I assume you are trying to "drip feed" to the machine control, if so is the machine control setup for "drip feeding" most controls need a parameter setting and there are some older ones ( Fanuc 0M-A) that won`t "drip feed".

The other thing is are you set up for both "Hardware" and "Software" handshaking and do you have the box "Wait for CNC" checked ? ?

Regards
    yes I am trying to drip feed and i have a FANUC OM. when i check the wait for CNC it does nothing. The place i bought the machine did drip feed to it but they used powerstation software. I would like to not have to buy another software and add another step to our process. I can get the software to stop asking for the ok prompt but then my controller throws an 087 alarm which is for a 10 character stop. However I can not find where to set this in Predator.

yes I am trying to drip feed and i have a FANUC OM. when i check the wait for CNC it does nothing. The place i bought the machine did drip feed to it but they used powerstation software. I would like to not have to buy another software and add another step to our process. I can get the software to stop asking for the ok prompt but then my controller throws an 087 alarm which is for a 10 character stop. However I can not find where to set this in Predator.

Right, I will help if I can, I ran a Bridgeport 412 with a Fanuc 0M-F (Mate) control and I used to "drip feed" it every day with BobCAD Predator DNC.

OK, first image is the Predator DNC settings :-

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DNC settings.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	173377

Second are the COM Port settings, get to these through your "Device Manager" :-

Attachment 173380

Third are the cable connections, this cable will run either software handshake "XON/XOFF" type connection, not recommended or the better "hardware" handshaking which is actual hardware (chips" talking to each other) and is faster and much more reliable.

Name:	pinout4.gif 
Views:	17 
Size:	3.4 KB 
ID:	173378

I ran both Fanuc Controlled Mills and Lathes (Fanuc 0T) using BobCAD and Predator DNC for years without any problems at all and that was using a Serial to USB adapter as well from a Laptop so I do know all the above used together and set correctly will work

Regards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PORTS-2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine Guy View Post
    Right, I will help if I can, I ran a Bridgeport 412 with a Fanuc 0M-F (Mate) control and I used to "drip feed" it every day with BobCAD Predator DNC.

OK, first image is the Predator DNC settings :-

Name:	DNC settings.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	173377

Second are the COM Port settings, get to these through your "Device Manager" :-

Attachment 173380

Third are the cable connections, this cable will run either software handshake "XON/XOFF" type connection, not recommended or the better "hardware" handshaking which is actual hardware (chips" talking to each other) and is faster and much more reliable.

Name:	pinout4.gif 
Views:	17 
Size:	3.4 KB 
ID:	173378

I ran both Fanuc Controlled Mills and Lathes (Fanuc 0T) using BobCAD and Predator DNC for years without any problems at all and that was using a Serial to USB adapter as well from a Laptop so I do know all the above used together and set correctly will work

Regards
    When I try these settings I do not get an alarm but the ok dialouge box pops up instantly and says 0 bytes written
    it does not seem to be getting a return from the CNC

When I try these settings I do not get an alarm but the ok dialouge box pops up instantly and says 0 bytes written
    it does not seem to be getting a return from the CNC

If the settings are all correct then it can only be either a cable or a procedure issue.

My procedure :-

Open G code in Predator Editor
    Click the DNC tab and select send
    Code appears in the send/receive window

Procedure at machine

Procedure at the machine :-

With the machine control set to Auto just press the Green Cycle Start and the machine should run and the G code should now appear on the machine control screen

Regards

Short replies

Sorry about the split up reply but I can`t seem to be able to post a reply of more than about 180 characters including spaces

Anybody else got this ? ?

:rainfro::rainfro::rainfro:

Sorry about the split up reply but I can`t seem to be able to post a reply of more than about 180 characters including spaces

Guess Not,
    Have a Merry Christmas Rob and Everyone Else,
    James

Page 5 of 6 3456