586,110 active members*
3,354 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Other Machines > Engraving Machines > Engraving machine recommendations

Question Engraving machine recommendations

Hello everyone. I am looking for recommendation on portable table top machines. My wife is wanting to get into doing some engraving and we are trying to find a reasonably priced machine. Any ideas. I seen the Chinese ones on ebay. But have not read much in the way of good reviews.

Getting pointed in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

Bernard

Buy from China and you are sending your money to them and killing American jobs. You also get what you pay for. The average quality from China will be less. The average support from China will be a lot less.

Recommendation then ?

Honestly, if redsail has something to fit your needs, id look there as well. Yes it's Chinese, however I have one of there sticker cutters, and quality is actually not bad. Otherwise, New Hermes or equiv.

hello im new to cnczone i read your post and maybe i can help. i have a kwik marker engraver km-64 im willing to sell you if your interested.

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer67 View Post
    Hello everyone. I am looking for recommendation on portable table top machines. My wife is wanting to get into doing some engraving and we are trying to find a reasonably priced machine. Any ideas. I seen the Chinese ones on ebay. But have not read much in the way of good reviews.

Getting pointed in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

Bernard
    hey,i am from china,it is true that some products from china have low quality,
    it is because some customes chase the cheap price blindly,more and more factory have to cut the cost for the profit, so the important is when you choose the product you shoud compare it ,what is the brand of the driver , laser tube,power supply,and so on....

my name is Susu

What type of engraver are you looking for Laser or rotary/drag. What materials does she want to engrave. Plastics, Alum sheet, Brass sheet, jewerly, baby cups, wood, marble, granite. a laser can mark metals but then you will need a shear, corner notcher, beveler, hole punch. Not really something you can just buy one machine that will do it all... A laser is great for plactic nametags and signs because you can cut them out with the machine. But you cannot bevel the edges.

Be more specific as to your needs.

In the Great NW!

Re: Engraving machine recommendations

maybe something like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL7uStU2OCU

Quote Originally Posted by MasterEngraver View Post
    maybe something like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL7uStU2OCU
    Probably not something like that no... :tired: let them RIP.
    New Hermes, Vanguard, Gravograph, Gravotech, Vision Engravers are US based machines from different generations.
    Depending on what you are after to engrave you may need to find the adequate CAD/CAM software running the best with it.

Gentleman asked for: .. recommendation on portable table top machines....with a reasonably priced machine. So I recommended this one below.
    This one is the same https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVDQKgMv0I4 please check video

regards