586,117 active members*
3,584 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

new here, need help with hurco

I am new to the site. Hope someone can help me out. I work for a semi small company and we just purchased a older Hurco BMC25. Great machine but ram is to small for some of our projects. Can someone tell me if they have upgraded their ram and where or who can do it. I'm in Kansas City.

Thanks
    SteveD.

Hes talking about memory ram.Have you looked into DNC.

I am re-aquainting myself with CNC work, have not done it for about 5 years, and then it was only for a year. I found out how to drip feed long programs to the hurco so no need to upgrade memory ram. Thanks for the replys even tough my post was in September for this problem.
    SteveD.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveD
    I am re-aquainting myself with CNC work, have not done it for about 5 years, and then it was only for a year. I found out how to drip feed long programs to the hurco so no need to upgrade memory ram. Thanks for the replys even tough my post was in September for this problem.
    SteveD.
    I have a Hurco BMC-25 that I need to run a 450KB G-code program in. I only show to have 91KB usable memory. I can only use drip feed if there are no pauses. Does the system you are using run smoothly?
    Steve H.

drip feed

Steve,

I drip feed to my Hurco BMC-25 using Mastercam V-8 & have never had a problem. I typicaly run 3d programs over 5 meg taking about 15 to 20 hours to cut & don't have a problem. What are you talking about pauses?
    SteveD.

bmc25 memory

hi...i have worked for hurco since september 1984, and am still currently a field service rep in michigan, i believe you have a max 2 hurco control on you bmc25, there is no memory upgrade neither available (unless you retrofit it to our max32 control,but this is fairly expensive) nor necessary for you to run long nc files...you will need a good quality rs232 null modem cable...your bmc25 has two db25 female connectors labeled port one and port two...you will need to have a pc with a communications software program to load your nc file into the hurco...you will have to have the hurco running in the nc mode of operation, then use the auxiliary mode, select upload\download, and setup the comm port you are connected to on the hurco panel, the settings must match the settings in the communications package you are using) i would recommend using full handshake protocol,not xon\xoff, i would also suggest you use no faster than 9600 baud rate, you will have to experiment with your speeds and feeds, and obviously the program must be post-processed for the hurco max2 control, any questions, i would highly suggest you contact hurco indianapolis 317.298.2635...you will get this working flawlessly, many many hurco users dnc to their max2 control machines...regards...john

SteveD,

I have the same problem, could you please tell me what are the steps in the control and PC to drip feed a program??? I am already comunicting with the PC to memory...

Your help will be highly appreciated.

GP.

I work for a small company that has a tm10 lathe. It has a door safety lock, Is there any way to disconnect it?