SORRY for the transposed digit. IT was late in the day when I responded. Told you they'd be pricey....

Don't replace with same OEM"s as you're probably not gonna improve much if at all. We had 0.0005 or more B/L under load and ours were like new.

Try this instead: 2 @ 7204B per screw. Look for ones with plastic cage instead of riveted cage as they are easier to rework (see below).

Send them to KAF Manufacturing (Stamford CT I think) and have them preloaded to about 250 lbs in DF configuration. They'll regrease them also if you tell them what they're gonna be used for. Or shim them as outlined below.

7204B's Should cost you less than $475 each (guesstimate) but A/C's are pricey regardless of the heritage. This option should perform better than the OEM replacements which aren't going to be cheap either as they are special preloaded 6204's. Besides, the new OEM's won't be as rigid/backlash free as the preloaded 7204B's or the 20TAC47's I'm describing.

As a final thought, make some shims out of aluminum foil (as in Reynolds wrap)and evenly increase the preload of the factory bearings. Pretty sure you shim the OUTER rings. Do it in stages as load increase is NON-LINEAR.

Once you find a shim that is acceptable, have some cut from hard shim stock (lazer cutting is deadly accurate and not that expensive). Rotating friction will be higher but you'll see a noticeable difference in the backlash....