586,100 active members*
3,239 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > OKK > Fanuc10M Parameter

Fanuc10M Parameter

I have a PCV40 OKK mill with Fanuc 10m. I have 2 issues, which are minor but I'd like to fix.

1. The Machine destination page shows up in Metric , while the rest is imperial.
    (there is a page where it shown along with relative and absolute in imperial)

2. When homing the machine, and the relative page originated in all axes, as soon as the machine hits zero these numbers reset to a set random number instead of 0.

The machine read out will be metric because that is the native language of the machine.
    The relative read out is not random, it the precise distance the machine traveled between the position of the machine when first powered up and home. It has to be manually reset.
    Typically machines, when homed will hit a micro switch on each axis and then procede to the null point on the encoder. Until this happens the machine has no idea where any axis is.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBoyce View Post
    The machine read out will be metric because that is the native language of the machine.
    The relative read out is not random, it the precise distance the machine traveled between the position of the machine when first powered up and home. It has to be manually reset.
    Typically machines, when homed will hit a micro switch on each axis and then procede to the null point on the encoder. Until this happens the machine has no idea where any axis is.
    I do manually reset the number.
    1. I have machine homed.
    2. I origin all axes when it is homed
    3. I move Z,X,Y,
    4. Home machine again
    5. Relative numbers are not zero. x always goes to zero then changes to 10.971 and y goes to zero then changes to -5.791. Z doesn't change it will stay zero in the relative if it was origined at home

This is a good one. Hopefully someone else here can help.
    Is the position always X10.971, Y-5.791? The first post said random numbers.
    Does G54, 55, 56, 57, 58, or 59 have these numbers? Good Luck!

Yes the numbers repeat to the same every time after a homing sequence. I was told it might have happened when someone crashed the machine. I haven't tried with all coordinate system numbers. I really only use my relative screen for edge finding. This isn't a serious problem. Just one i would like to fix in the near future.