586,116 active members*
3,361 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Vectric > Aspire > Aspire substitute?

Aspire substitute?

I realize that aspire is a lower cost substitute for art cam, but is there anything out there with this same capability for less than what vectric is charging? With the triali had quite tough time designing my own "art" so I think now I'd like to be able to just buy vector art clip art models and have the ability to blend a few together to create a scene. I know I could do this in theory using blender and .stl files, but blender is quite tough for me to navigate in at all.

So, in summation: any info on a cheaper take on aspire, any understandable coaching on blender, or anyone willing to create a scene in blender using the above mentioned file types for a fee are all things I'm interested in.

All info is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by cncbcncb View Post
    I realize that aspire is a lower cost substitute for art cam, but is there anything out there with this same capability for less than what vectric is charging? With the triali had quite tough time designing my own "art" so I think now I'd like to be able to just buy vector art clip art models and have the ability to blend a few together to create a scene. I know I could do this in theory using blender and .stl files, but blender is quite tough for me to navigate in at all.

So, in summation: any info on a cheaper take on aspire, any understandable coaching on blender, or anyone willing to create a scene in blender using the above mentioned file types for a fee are all things I'm interested in.

All info is appreciated.
    Depending on the scenes you want: You could use Vectrics Vcarve Pro and import 3d toolpaths from the Vectric selection of 3D artwork. Its a very good program. Its about a 1/3 the cost of Aspire, but I really like Aspire.

Mike

From what you describe and how you describe being able to "assemble" your scenes (be it in 2D or in 3D) a very inexpensive (US$149) option and solution to consider and have a look at would be ArtCAM Express.

This is the entry level and very inexpensive (yet very powerful) version of the ArtCAM software.

ACE (ArtCAM Express) allows you to do 2D design work and editing and all sorts of 2D & 2.5D cutting and toolpaths, plus lots more!

Furthermore - it does allow you to work with and load in 3D files. ACE also includes and comes with a 3D clipart library that includes more than 500 pieces of pre-created 3D clipart. Of course ACE is compatible with many/most 3D clipoart thats available for purchase all over the internet. Once you have your "scene" built up and created ACE provides you with 3D toolpathing capabilities in order to get your part machined.
    [the limitation at this entry level version of ArtCAM is such that you must have and get the 3D parts from somewhere, you dont have the ability to build and create them from scratch as you could using the higher level programs and versions]

Here is a link on you tube for the type of thing that I believe you are asking and talking about (using pre-created clipart and assembling a scene)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLthfKr21A4&list=UUP0v3oQjLKV3e3gHWYyFqXQ& index=2&feature=plcp]ArtCAM Express - Using the Relief Clipart Library - YouTube[/ame]

I hope that this information is found to be useful and informative.

Cheers
    Sean P