586,036 active members*
3,979 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Help Need Info On Vexta Servo Motor

Help Need Info On Vexta Servo Motor

I have just got a Vexta servo motor (KBLM5120GD-CM) off e-bAY but I need pin out info as there's 14 and I don't know where to start?

Extion Ltd out of Taiwan is an agent. Found this via a Google search. Try the same type of search on Teoma.com if you get a chance.

Unhappy Vexta

I have a similar problem.
    I have 2 vexta KBLD 120a drive units which i foolishly thought i could use for any compatible servo motor.
    Oriental Motor will not give imformation on the pin out identification of the motor connector. "You have to bye one of our motors"
    All i know is that the motors have an inbuilt encoder and possilbly a break, hence so many connections.
    :violin:

HI, I'm going back too my old place of work (servo motor rewinders) soon and will take it in and we will try to work it out, if we do I will let you know.
    Reguards Mark

Just saw this thread. I am wondering anyone has found a pin assignment for the "motor" connector on the front of the KBLD 120-A, or knows the pin assignment for the KBLM5120 motors. I have the Vexta HM-6136-4 Operating Manual, and nowhere in the manual does it give the pin assignments.

Never got any help from Oriental Motor.

The mating cable connector for the drive is the AMP 770582-1.

Inside the drive, the 14 pin "motor" connector is mounted directly to the pcb. Pins 1,8, and 9 are motor (phase A,B,C) connections from the drive to the motor; the pcb silkscreen labels have oriental figures so I can't tell which is A, which is B, which is C. I don't know if Vexta used a color code for A,B,C, but anyway the jumper wires across the circuitry are Pin 1 = Red, Pin 8 = White, Pin 9 = Blue. Pins 3 and 4 are Ground. Pin 5 is +5V. Pins 6, 7, 12, 13, 14 are inputs from the motor to the controller. Pins 10 and 11 connect to something over in the AC-to-DC power supply section of the circuit board; the cathodes of diodes D7,D8,D9 are tied together and go to pin 10, pin 11 seems to be a current return going back to a thermistor-looking component NR1, the other side of this connects to the anode of D7. I am guessing that pins 10 and 11 provide a current to release the motor brake, or I suppose it could be a back-EMF protection circuit. Pin 2 appears to be unconnected.

The motor literature says these motors have 400 pulse/rev encoder, so it is my guess that the 5 input signals are three single-ended Hall feedback and two single-ended quadrature encoder feedback signals.

All 5 of these input signals (pins 6,7,12,13,14) go to similar termination networks on the pcb. The circuitry from each signal pin consists of a 470 ohm resistor, 220 ohm resistor, and a 1000pF capacitor. The 470 is a pullup to 5V, the input signal connects to the junction of the 470 and 220 resistors. The 1000pF capacitor connects from ground to the other end of the 220 ohm resistor. The node at the junction of the 220 ohm resistor and the 1000pF cap then connects to a pin on a 42-pin DIP which is labelled "Vexta EIC6012", my guess its a custom-coded Zilog microprocessor because in little letters I see "Z80" written on it too. The signal from connector pin 6 goes to this chip at its pin 2, connector pin 7 goes to chip pin 3, connector pin 12 goes to chip pin 4, connector pin 13 goes to chip pin 5, connector pin 14 goes to chip pin 6. This information is useless to me because I can find no specs for this chip, maybe somebody reading this can make use of it.

If I could, I would connect a supply to the 5V and Ground pins of a Vexta motor cable, then I would monitor the pins from the motor's 5 signals with a scope as I rotated the shaft; this should quickly show which are Hall signals and which are the encoder signals. It would take only a few minutes to establish the Hall signal phasing and the encoder signal phasing versus rotation.

I have other motors, but I can go no further because I don't have a matching Vexta motor and interconnect cable to test. If you have a Vexta KBL series II motor and cable, and are willing to run a quick electrical test, let me know.

Got a motor on Ebay, opened it up. Here is the motor connector pin number, wire color, and when we follow the wire to its terminal inside the motor we find a label printed on the pcb or terminal board as shown:
    # Color Label
    1 Yel/Blue Y
    2 Red/Blue R
    3 White/Blue W
    4 Black/Blue K
    5 clear (no connect drain wire)
    6 no wire
    7 White A
    8 Blue B
    9 Green Z
    10 Orange U
    11 Yel/Blue Y
    12 Yellow V
    13 Gray W
    14 Black G
    15 Red V

The wires with the blue stripes appear to be motor phases, labelled K,W,R.
    The red and black wires labelled V and G are power to the Hall/encoder pcb.
    My guess is that A,B,Z are encoder A, B, and index signals, and that U,V,W are Hall signals. Also guess that the pair of yellow/blue wires, both labelled Y, are for the brake.

On BLD and KBLD drives, the motor cable goes to a two-row, 14-pin connector, as follows.
    # Color name/function
    1 Red/Blue phase R
    2 Green encoder? Z
    3 clear drain
    4 Black encoder/Hall power ground
    5 Red encoder/Hall power
    6 White encoder? A
    7 Blue encoder? B
    8 White/Blue phase W
    9 Black/Blue phase K
    10 Yel/Blue brake? Y
    11 Yel/Blue brake? Y
    12 Orange Hall? U
    13 Yellow Hall? V
    14 Gray Hall? W

When time permits, I intend to probe the A,B,Z and U,V,W signals while the motor runs. Once I know the phasing I will post that information.

Vexta drive and motor

Hi.
    Did you ever manage to get to the bottom of this issue.
    I connected a motor to the drive and the drives I have appear to power up but wont move the motor as they do not have any feedback from the motor.

I would still like to be able to use these drives if i could sort out the connections

Cheers John

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    Just saw this thread. I am wondering anyone has found a pin assignment for the "motor" connector on the front of the KBLD 120-A, or knows the pin assignment for the KBLM5120 motors. I have the Vexta HM-6136-4 Operating Manual, and nowhere in the manual does it give the pin assignments.
    Any chance of a copy of this drive manual

Thanks John

VEXTA FXM250B

HI DO ANYONE KNOW THE DATA ON VEXTA FXM250B AC SERVO MOTOR.
    COIL 14.9ohm
    APPEARS TO BE DELTA CONNECTED.

ENCODER MEP 102 (ST6 14125)

14 PINOUT RED AND BLACK (I THINK 5V FOR LOGIC)
    REST IS 6 PAIRS OF WIRES WW VV UU ZZ BB AA

I WAS HOPING THAT I COULD MODIFY THIS MOTOR FOR MY POSIDYNE
    SDS 4011 AC SERVO DRIVE.
    CAN ANY OUT THERE HELP.

REGARDS
    DANIEL