586,106 active members*
3,276 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > help a newbee, trying to build a cnc torch table

Smile help a newbee, trying to build a cnc torch table

hi guys , im a junk yard dog, been diging for a long time for parts to make a 4x8 table torch cnc. just snached 3 servos they are alen bradley y-2006-1-h00aa 4500 rpm 8 poles 13volts brake specks 5.64 lbs-in. holding torke
    .031amps at 24vdc coil . cont. stall torque 6.1 lbs-in peak torque 17 lb -in
    encoder data supply volts 4.75 to 5.25 vdc 450ma dc

first off they say to use a a/b drive part no 1398-dbm-019 can i use something else with them i found 4 new servos . please tell me where i can get a diagram of what it takes to rig the motors to a computor to drive them . im new so be easy on me . the rest will be easy . im a tool maker and fairly good with electrical but i need the basics . jimthanks will these have enuf power .

If you dig long enough on Allan Bradley's website, you should be able to find the user manual. You need to find if its a brush type DC servo motor. most likely is.

If so, gecko sells a cheap step to servo driver that you can use with a package like Mach3. You've got a small motor here, 24 volt max, (16*17) oz/in. You've lots of RPM, gear the unit down for more torque on your table.

Karl

a/b help please

this is what it says on the a

Y-Series

Y-Series motors, available in either 115V or 230V windings, use high energy neodymium magnets that provide low inertias for fast acceleration
    will the geco run this motor . jim