586,119 active members*
3,490 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: MDI

MDI

In the parameters something must have changed but I simply can not find it, I have a HAAS VF3, If I write a simple program say:

G00 G53 x-20.-y0.0 z0.0
    s1300 m3

Now say I just want to use the s1300 m3, I was able to just go to the s1300 m3 line and push the start button and I had spindle on. But now if I go to that line and push start button it jumps to the top an runs G00 G53 x-20.0 y0.0 z0.0. what changed.:wee: My guess is someone changed a parameter but I don't have a clue as to which one. any suggestions would be helpful.

My money would be on program restart being on.

It's a handy feature that I would personally keep on. as it run's through the program so that everything is in the proper place (tools, speeds, feeds etc) at the line you want to run at.

Especially handy if you want to start it in the middle of a long list of holes.

Graeme

Quote Originally Posted by br1 View Post
    In the parameters something must have changed but I simply can not find it, I have a HAAS VF3, If I write a simple program say:

G00 G53 x-20.-y0.0 z0.0
    s1300 m3

Now say I just want to use the s1300 m3, I was able to just go to the s1300 m3 line and push the start button and I had spindle on. But now if I go to that line and push start button it jumps to the top an runs G00 G53 x-20.0 y0.0 z0.0. what changed.:wee: My guess is someone changed a parameter but I don't have a clue as to which one. any suggestions would be helpful.
    Sounds like setting 36: Program restart On/Off

Look it up in the manual, but basically when this is set to OFF, the program will start at whatever line is highlighted. (Good or bad)

When set to ON, the machine will read all code previous to the highlighted spot then execute the program starting at the place you highlighted. As the control reads the code you will see it scroll by on the screen briefly.

I like to keep it set to ON for safety, then turn it off as needed and/or prudent.

Hope that makes sense and helps your situation.
    Good luck!

BigNizzy, Play the lottery, that was it, I don't know how I missed that, I paged right past that several times and it didn't hit me. Thanks, and thanks to you haastec for the answer. Damn kids, they thought they would by pass the door override and pushed the wronge key. I had it off when I set up the machine years ago and never even thought about it. Although I see the point about safety.

Become familiar with the machine's manual BEFORE problems occur and you will be much more likely to be able to correct them yourself.

Yes, the manual first, thanks for that.