586,103 active members*
3,804 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > EMCO CNC Machines > Emcoturn 465/Siemens 840C battery dead - NCK/PLC reload?

Emcoturn 465/Siemens 840C battery dead - NCK/PLC reload?

Hello all,

I'm using my nephews account, cause I find that he's used my e-mail to create an account a while ago... I see he was asking about creating a post file over on the Mastercam forum. That'll be good.

Anyway, a couple of months ago I bought an older Emco-Maier Emcoturn 465 lathe with a Siemens 840C control. All was well, came in on the truck fine, installed Ok and powered up fine. Got it running a job pretty straight off using the on-control programming functions while I was trying to figure out the comm's...

Well, just got it wired for comm's... I think. Problem is that I was just getting ready to try it out today to backup the files and such (if it worked) and started the machine up to find out the battery died over the weekend. Now it tells me the NCK & PLC need to be reloaded... Now the clencher... duh duh duh, the diskette that supposedly had the backup on it won't read at all on a PC. So much for the Lithium 9V batteries, looks like the are good until they're not - no warning like the manual says there is.

SO, my question is where do I start. I don't really know what the NCK or PLC reload process is, and I don't feel comfortable in what to do next (several options on screen and they all sound pretty catastrophic). If you know where I should start or what manual I should read into please offer comment!

Regards,
    Jimmy Garza

Also posted over on the Siemens forum.

Well I got the info on reloading the NCK & PLC parameters from Emco Maier, it's in German but we'll see how it goes. Very helpful people there.

I'll post a follow up with the details for anyone in the future that may need it.

Jimmy

Anybody know what the password is to these old 840C controls? I have tried the one that is supposed to be, "1111" and that aint it...