586,633 active members*
3,229 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Rhino 3D > 3D software metalwork

3D software metalwork

I want to learn to make things 3D software . I would like to start but I have no experience what so ever. Does somebody have any advice on this.

YouTube "rhino3d"

Read books

Books

Thank you which are the best author please

rhino level 1 training then level 2
    this is the best way

check out cadjunkie rhino tutorials on you tube. He starts with the basics and goes from there. More tutrials here http://taubmancollege.umich.edu/digital_tech/tutorials/ and here http://www.rhino3dhelp.com/category/tutorials/

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    I want to learn to make things 3D software . I would like to start but I have no experience what so ever. Does somebody have any advice on this.
    I know this is in English but the guy goes step by step and starts at the beginning. He also starts showing you how to go from paper sketches to 3D. Start with the first video. Throw away the files and re-enter the content by hand, don't just load and look at the content. That is key! Doing by it hand, manually makes it stick!

Also, set aside at the very minimum an hour a day and work with the software. If you don't do it every day you will never get good enough to use the software in real world applications.

Learning Rhino 5 Training DVD - Video Tutorial - Course

I think the product is complete in its goals and will quickly get you to the advanced subjects. Then again, I've been doing this for 25 years so, don't get mad at me if it doesn't work as well as I believe it will! I'm biased ;-)

Also, if you do not use computers every single day and haven't been using computers for long you will be frustrated! Learn the computer first! Once again, it isn't hard. It just takes using it multiple hours per day for months, that's all!

remember, this is a time game. The more time the better you get...

Snz

Quote Originally Posted by Tafhmmy View Post
    Just buy the complete Infinite Skills course. Don't worry about the author and how good he is, the Infinite Skills is a video series. They will take you from the beginning and if you buy the advanced series as well you will end up with a great understanding of how to use the tool with a basis for the more advanced features.

The trick is follow along with the video actually doing the work yourself. Don't use the example files that come with the videos, do the work yourself. After watching the video, sit down and practice on the new skill for about an hour. Each new skill you learn, practice doing it for about an hour every day in combination with all the others you've learned for two or three weeks straight. The only way to learn this is to actually use it!

I learned this back in the early 1980s and had no books tell me how. I ended up teaching my professors how to use the tools in the early 1990s. Its a case where the only real way to learn is to sit down and use the program. Use it for real world tasks. Use it every day. If you are not using it every day then you will never learn the tool. The good news is once you learn one of these tools, you know all of them (you just need to learn where the different programs hide the features and what new features they have).