586,100 active members*
3,137 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Doosan or Gildemeister

Hee guys,

Allthough i'm not new to this forum. I only used it to look stuff up. Never made an account. But now I need you advice.

In our shop we are looking for a new turn-mill machine.
    We have a Doosan machining center and a Gildemeister lathe. And more but I will not bother you with that.

We have to choose between a Gildermeister CTX 510 eco and a Doosan Puma 2600.
    Price wise these machines are the same with live tooling and things like high pressure pump and chip conveyer.

What would you guys go for?

Thanks in advance.

You already have a Doosan AND a Gildemeister.... and you're torn between a Doosan and a DMG/Mori Seiki??

What exactly don't you like about DMG??

Is it DMG Moriseiki in the Netherlands?

underthetire, yes it is.
    Since a year they sell aswell as another company which has sold mori seiki for years.

fizzissist,
    Why would I go for a machine with less torque, and the eco machine's are these days build in China. And come from two different factories which means build quality could be less than expected.

The gildemeister comes with VDI in the turret and the Doosan doesn't. VDI is an advantage for quick changing which we do alot since we do very small series. But VDI 40 doesn't give the stability you wan't when doing milling operations.

What do you see as disadvantages for a Doosan then?

Didn't know about the china mfg.... Too bad...

As for the Doosan, I'd looked at a Puma with live tooling but a friend with one had nothing but nightmares with the factory when the turret crashed... He ended up selling the machine because even the factory couldn't get it lined back up. Granted that was some years ago...but....

I should back out of this conversation, because you really need to compare notes with someone who actually has one or the other of what you're looking for. Good luck!

Why limit yourself to the 2 choices then? Yes it's true, ECO line from Mori is built in china as well, however Dr. Mori made them use certain parts from Japan, I believe it was ballscrews, guides, and spindles but I'm not 100% sure. Still get a 2 year warranty, so that's nice, and the Mori mapps panel should be available to you as well, Mapps 4 is actually a really nice feature. If you do a lot of milling, you really can't beet the NL line with the built in live tool motor.

Just curious why only looking at the 2?

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Why limit yourself to the 2 choices then? Yes it's true, ECO line from Mori is built in china as well, however Dr. Mori made them use certain parts from Japan, I believe it was ballscrews, guides, and spindles but I'm not 100% sure. Still get a 2 year warranty, so that's nice, and the Mori mapps panel should be available to you as well, Mapps 4 is actually a really nice feature. If you do a lot of milling, you really can't beet the NL line with the built in live tool motor.

Just curious why only looking at the 2?
    Since I'm comparing on price level. The NL line with built in live tooling motor is out of line in that case and the difference between mori eco and gildemeister eco is the print. Machines are similar in all aspects expect for the Mapps 4.

We probably could be looking at a spinner and Traub to.

Traub wouldn't work for the same price since you need a very big turning diameter to get the same turning length since we need that.

Spinner i'm looking in to but don't have prices yet.

On the other hand I would like to go in one direction. Not have machines from 15 different manufacturers.