586,069 active members*
3,599 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > parameters cleared need to re-enter, please help?

parameters cleared need to re-enter, please help?

I have a O-T control 2 axis lathe Yang , the parameters were reset by operator, when I power on the follow alarms show up.

100 PS Alarm
    417 servo alarm x axis dgtl param
    427 servo alarm z axis dgtl param

It is in MDI mode, PWE = 1 but unable to enter parameters, Hydraulics will not start, and I can get rid of alarm 100 by hitting reset and cancel.

I can enter a offset, by hitting x and the number then input, it shows on the offset screen, so the control is not locked up.

I have a copy of the parameters, but when I go to the parameter and push the numbers I do not see anything on the screen and hitting input does nothing, I can cursor over to all the numbers some do have numbers, but most are all 0's, maybe I need to delete all and start over?

Please help, Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lepton View Post
    I have a O-T control 2 axis lathe Yang , the parameters were reset by operator, when I power on the follow alarms show up.

100 PS Alarm
    417 servo alarm x axis dgtl param
    427 servo alarm z axis dgtl param

It is in MDI mode, PWE = 1 but unable to enter parameters, Hydraulics will not start, and I can get rid of alarm 100 by hitting reset and cancel.

I can enter a offset, by hitting x and the number then input, it shows on the offset screen, so the control is not locked up.

I have a copy of the parameters, but when I go to the parameter and push the numbers I do not see anything on the screen and hitting input does nothing, I can cursor over to all the numbers some do have numbers, but most are all 0's, maybe I need to delete all and start over?

Please help, Thanks
    The P/S 100 alarm is the result of the PWE being set to 1; ignore this alarm until after the parameters have been restored and the PWE set to Zero. Once the PWE is restored to Zero, pressing Reset will extinguish this alarm. Also, some parameters require that the power On to the control be cycled for the change to take hold. Another alarm will be raised when any of these parameters are changed. Ignore this alarm also and display the Parameter page again after this occurs.

I take it that the copy you have of the parameters is in hard paper form. In this case you can restore them via the Keypad at the control as follows:

1. In MDI Mode, the PWE set to 1, and the Parameter page displayed, move the cursor to the parameter to be changed.
    2. If the the parameter is in Bit format, 1's and 0's, type the correct bit template as per your copy of the parameters. Type the whole 8 bits and then press the Input button.
    3. If the parameter is in Byte or Word format, type the number and press Input.

or,

you can make a digital copy from your hard copy you have, and then Upload this file to the control via an external device such as a PC or Laptop computer. This, you will find, is the easier method. The format for such a file is as follows, with the "N" sequence number corresponding to the parameter number displayed in the parameter page of the control.

%
    N0001 P 01101000
    N0002 P 10000001
    N0003 P 00000000
    N0004 P 01110101
    N0005 P 01110111
    N0006 P 00000000
    N0007 P 00000000
    N0008 P 01000000
    N0009 P 00100010
    N0010 P 11100001
    N0011 P 00000000
    N0012 P 10001001
    N0013 P 00001000
    N0014 P 00010100
    etc
    %

If you choose the later method, you will have to set manually via the control's Keypad, the parameters to establish communication between the control and external device.

Regards,

Bill

not working

I am in MDI, PWE = 1, parameters page, cursur down to the parameter, type in the 8 digits and push input. no change, nor did I see the 8 digits appear as I type them in?

Press the e-stop button in.
    1.Press the PARM key- go to parameter 900 and enter parameters 900 through 917. A "000" alarm appears after entering the first parameter. Just go back to parameters and enter the values for 901. After you enter parameter 901 a message will appear asking you to delete the memory area. Press the DELETE key.
    Enter the remainder of the 900 parameters. When finished verify all parameters were entered correctly.
    Power machine down for 10 seconds then power up
    2.Go to parameter page #1 in MDI mode and set ISO = 1
    Page down to parameter #2 Enter 0000 0000 for one stop bit. Use 0000 0001 for two stop bits.
    Go to parameter # 552 set it to 10 for a baud rate of 4800. Set it to 11 for a baud rate of 9600.
    3.Place machine in edit mode with the memory protect key off. With the parameter screen displayed push the INPUT key. LSK should appear in the lower right corner of the CRT.
    From the PC transmit the parameter file to the CNC. The LSK flashing on the CRT should change to INPUT. After the file starts transmitting. It will take several minutes to read the file.
    4.Power the machine down and up again. Verify parameter 2 bit 0 and parameter 552.
    5.Go to the first page of the parameters and set the machine to the increment system you wish to use, inch or metric.
    6.Go to diagnostic page- Verify Diagnostics is displayed in the upper left corner of the CRT.
    Hold EOB in and push INPUT. Transfer the diagnostics file to the CNC.
    Verify that parameter 10 bit 4 = 0
    Go to Edit mode and push the PGRM key. Push the Input key and LSK should start flashing on the CRT. Transfer the program file to the CNC. If the screen has the I/O soft key push it then the READ key. LSK will appear. Transfer the program file. When finished go back to parameters and set parameter 10 bit 4 = 1. After this set PWE=0. Push reset to clear the alarm (must be in MDI mode)

Press the e-stop button in.
    Enter parameter 900
    Power the machine down and up again
    Enter CNC parameter (1 to 8000)
    Power the machine down and up again
    Enter diagnostics parameter (10300-10500) in DGS Page

Sometimes, e-stop has to enabled as well; I even had to hardwire (jumper) the e-stop signal before params could be entered. Also have the edit lock switch in the disabled position. Param 901 bit 6 has to be ON before serial communication can be done.

it was the estop not allowing me to input the parameters, thanks for the help.

Is there a good website for fanuc helpful files and info?

Thanks again for the help

it was the estop not allowing me to input the parameters, thanks for the help.

Is there a good website for fanuc helpful files and info?

Thanks again for the help