586,071 active members*
3,912 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

dm860A driver help

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/attach...0&d=1347643485

According to the pdf i have to wire resistors into the wiring? if so which ones i see some on ebay with those specs. Basically im having a problem with the stepper motors turning in one direction. i have it wired as the "Yin" connection to my board. any help is appreciated.

With the "yin" connection, you must use a breakout board that is capable of "sourcing" current to drive the optoisolators in the input circuitry of the driver (perhaps 15 mA per signal line).

What are you using as a breakout board? You probably can not drive the 'yin' configuration directly from a parallel port (if that is what you are trying to do). If you must do that, then you may need to add a parallel port buffer card (such as the CNC4PC C26 board) to give you enough current sourcing capability.

As for the resistors in the 'yin' configuration, the note below the diagram indicates that for 5 volt signal lines you do not need to use any resistors inline (R = 0 in that case). Resistors would only be needed if your breakout board were driving the signal lines with a voltage higher than 5 volts (in order to prevent from sending too much current through the optoisolators in the driver).

Why have you chosen the 'yin' connection instead of the 'yang' connection? In the 'yang' connection, your breakout board or parallel port just needs to 'sink' current instead of sourcing it, and if your signal source uses TTL circuitry, sinking current is probably the only way to get it to work.

i am using this breakout board. getting really fustrated as i know people have these and search many threads for the answers. Still cant find a solution.

5 Axis CNC Breakout Board Interface Adapter F Stepper Motor Driver DB25 Cable | eBay

I know there has been some issues with these boards. So If anyone could recommend a 5 axis board that has a 5 axis control. Its being used on a 5 axis robot arm.

ok little update. I enabled the step low option in mack 3 according to another post and the keyboard jog function works. motor turns 2 directions. i have a little hand held controller for the board but its not working. do i have to set this up under ports/pins?