586,640 active members*
2,484 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Small part, very short production.

I need to make a "widget" as a favor for a friend. This thing will be molded in rubber but I need to make the original male part in order to make the mold. It's basicly a 2" x 1/4" round disk with some letters "carved" into one face. I tried to do it by hand but don't have the dexterity to do it right. It occurs to me that this is a perfect project for a cnc mill and since mine isn't complete yet I wonder if someone here can help me out.

I am happy to pay for shipping and materials and will even write the cnc code but am hopeing to keep it cheap since I'm doing this as a favor. (I could even send acrylic material, with extra for "Just in Case")

Any takers? Anyone have a machine that needs 10 minutes worth of work?

Thanks in advance
    Jon

If you have a file send it my way.
    [email protected]

Will you need to have the mold built? If so get ahold of me I have a small Mold shop in Michigan. We could take alook at it and get you a good price on it.
    Kevin Smith
    2K TOOL
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by moldmen338
    Will you need to have the mold built? If so get ahold of me I have a small Mold shop in Michigan. We could take alook at it and get you a good price on it.
    Kevin Smith
    2K TOOL
    [email protected]
    Actually I plan on making the rubber mold myself. Do you do other types of molds, plastic injection molds perhaps?

Jon

I will be happy to take a look at the CAD file or the g-code and give you a price if you haven't already found someone to do it for you. I also have RTV silcone and urethane rubber mold making capabilities if you decide you want a bubble free mold along with the master pattern. This shouldn't cost much going by your description above.

Just click on my username, "ncmrfixit", in the upper left of the header for this post and send me a PM or email with the file if you want me to take a look. If you don't have the file, just send me a picture, sketch or description and I can work from that, though it will cost a little more.

Allen Moore
    TouchStone 3D Services
    www.touchstone3D.com

Quote Originally Posted by pyrojon
    Actually I plan on making the rubber mold myself. Do you do other types of molds, plastic injection molds perhaps?

Jon

Jon,

Yes, our main focus is plastic injection molds. We are a smaller shop so our prices are very competitive. If you have any questions or want to get ahold of us here's our contact info:

Phone: 616-452-4927
    Fax: 616-452-6087
    Email: [email protected]

Thank you,

Kevin Smith

Jacksonqin0305 Guest

Re: Small part, very short production.

hey,guys,this is Jackson, mechanical manufacturing engineer with extensive field knowledge and work experience, my factory located in the world manufacture base center Dongguan/Shenzhen,China,your consultance of fabrication field of here always welcome,by the way,we offer Lathe and Milling/sheet metal fab/parts stamping service, any in need,
    Just contact me,[email protected],thanks