586,119 active members*
3,672 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

NCPlot v2.30 beta 1 now available

There is now a beta version of NCPlot v2.30 available at NCPlot.com - Tools for CNC Programmers. Feel free to give this version a try, but please report any problems you find.

Thanks!
    Scott

NCPlot v2.30 BETA 1 Release Notes
    October 30, 2012

Bug Fixes
    =========

Fixed a bug in the Find functionality that was introduced in v2.25. If the search text was not found a run time error ocurred after the message asking if you want to search again from the beginning of the file.

When a new document was loaded by a script the document tiling was not being applied to it, this is fixed.

Text typed into the editor was being colorized even if the colorize setting was turned off, this is fixed.

The 'Convert arc I/J/K to R' tool was incorrectly converting helical arcs when the start and end points were the same on the active plane, this is fixed.

The 'Convert arc I/J/K to R' tool was not allowing very small arcs to be converted even if the start and end points were not the same, this is fixed.

Improvements
    ============

The popup menus for selecting machine configurations and scripts are now alphabetized.

Added a new program coloring scheme. The program can now be colored by the modal G-Code state.

The machine configuration toolbar button now opens the machine configuration instead of the popup list of configurations.

The save to file feature of the viewport print preview window will now prompt for a desired image width.

Changed the 'Eval Block' display on the variable display window. This display will now show results of IF, WHILE and GOTO expressions as well as variable assignments.

New Features
    ============

The toolbar style can now be selected from the Preferences window. Available styles are Office 2000, Office XP, Office 2003 and Visual Studio 2005.

Added the ability to define the colors for buttons and frames. These settings can be found on the Preferences window.

Added a setting to the machine configurations "G/M Codes" page. This setting is labeled "Maximum Subprogram Nesting Level" and allows NCPlot to match the maximum nesting level of your control.

The "Break arcs into lines" tool has a new setting that allows you to break only arcs smaller than a specified length. This is useful for converting very short arc moves into line segments.

Added a line width setting to the viewport print preview window. This allows setting the drawing line width for printing and for saving the preview as a .BMP file.

Added new scripting functions:

NCPEvaluate(strExpression, isEmpty, errCode)
    This function evaluates an expression given by strExpression and returns a numeric value. If the expression evaluates to <empty> then isEmpty returns TRUE. If there is an error in the expression then errCode returns an integer error code.

NCPParseExpression(strExpression, lPointer, errCode)
    This function parses an expression within a string, returning the parsed expression. Parsing starts at the character index specified by lPointer and is updated by this function to the character immediately after the expression.

The possible error codes are:
    0 = no error
    1 = Expression syntax error
    2 = Grouping mismatch
    3 = Missing operator
    4 = Invalid variable number
    5 = SQR operand is negative
    6 = LN operand is negative
    7 = Division by zero
    8 = MOD division by zero

NCPGetVariable(varNum, isEmpty, [pLevel])
    This function returns the current value in the specified variable number. If the variable is <empty> then isEmpty returns TRUE. If requesting a local variable then the optional pLevel specifies the program level, 0 = Main program, 1 = sub 1, etc.

NCPSetVariable(varNum, varVal, isEmpty, [pLevel])
    This function sets the specified variable number to the value given by varVal. Setting isEmpty to TRUE will set the specified variable to <empty>. If specifying a local variable then the optional pLevel specifies the program level, 0 = Main program, 1 = sub 1, etc.

NCPBreakLines SegmentLength
    This function is equivalent to the "Tools / Break Lines Into Segments" tool. The specified segment length determines how many smaller moves are created.

NCPBreakArcsIntoLines MaxDeviation, [MaxLength]
    This function is equivalent to the "Tools / Break Arcs Into Lines" tool. The specified maximum deviation amount determines how many line segments are created. The optional MaxLength parameter will break only arcs smaller then this setting. If omitted or less than or equal to zero then all arcs will be converted.

NCPBreakArcsAtQuadrants
    This function is equivalent to the "Tools / Break Arcs At Quadrants" tool.

Hello Scott, I'm testing the version 2.30 of NCPlot, in this and all other versions I can not make the play on the 4th axis rotate in parametric vision, it does not have in their simulator or am I doing something wrong?? Thank you.

I'm sorry, I have no idea what you are asking...

Hello Scott, what I'm wondering is if the NCPlot is to see turn the object like this in MACH3, or not, it is static?
    I tested all versions of NCPlot and did not see the object rotate in any of them. Or I am not knowing to configure the program NCPlot?
    Sorry my English.
    Tanks!
    Viumau.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.JPG  

Replay???

I am waiting your reply Mr. Scott. Happy New Year

Hi Viumau,

you can rotate the view if you are in Isometric view (Shift+F7), right click in the viewport window and move the mouse while holding down the right mouse button.

Hope this helps !

Richard

Replay...

Hello Richard, thanks for your reply, but I guess that was not the point in my question, what I would like is to see the object automatically rotate to the machining simulation in NcPlot, just as is done with the Mach3. Sorry my English is very bad, I'm user of an online translator.

Hi Viumau,
    When using 4th Axis, you are correct, the rotation moves are not simulated. Rather the tool moves around the job. I think i suggested this a long time ago.
    It is still clear to see where the tool is cutting as it moves around.
    Keith.

Thanks for your reply Turner, this software is very good but I think with so many versions it should already be fixed, within my knowledge the only tool circumvents the material in CNCs of 5 or 6 axis or robotic arms.

Scott,
    I found a problem in this beta version
    shift is broken in the Y-axis , also rotate, scale, and convert inc to abs, probably all the same origin in the Y-axis
    Also I might have miss something in the setup but I could not get the X,Y,Z axis Rapid Traverse rate to work with runtime calculations
    setting were: Machine Configuration\Control Settings\Rapid Type\Non-Interpolated. Then I set X and Y to 200 and Z to 100 and this had no effect on Runtime calculation for the program or on the Generate Report function on Runtime Estimation

Also there is no G04-Dwell calculation being added to Run Time Estimation
    Settings were: Machine configuration\Control Settings\Miscellaneous\G04 Dwell Address\ set to X
    Program listed Dwell as G04X0.5 (there were 400 dwell calls in program shoud have added 200 sec)

Also noticed that When using NCPlot.NCPSetConfig in a Script to set Config. type that it no longer saves this Config setting on exit. But it does if I change config type under: Machine Configuration\.
    Settings are: Preferences\Macro\Save Variables On Exit.

The addition of the Interpreter Customize feature is cool, works good this will be very useful. Looks like you've added some cool features. You Just keep making NcPlot more useful and Better. Thanks