586,035 active members*
3,720 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Mini Lathe > Anyone have a mini cnc lathe or medium sized cnc lathe

Anyone have a mini cnc lathe or medium sized cnc lathe

I am a full time machinist that runs a cnc lathe. I have an itch to get a smaller cnc lathe for putting in my basement and trying to do some smaller diameter items in short production, for extra income. If anyone has one that they have been happy with but are just looking to upgrade or get rid of please let me know.

Thanks,
    Chad

I have a few left at my site.

Jon

OMG thats what I've been looking for. I have a metal mini lathe and would love to convert it over to CNC. With your kit, and the motor and controller what do you think it will cost to convert it? I looked at that mach 3 software too. This could be ideal. Is there a way to contact you directly?

Helical Beam?

Jon, why did you switch from helical beam couplers to the Lovejoys?

Best,

BW

Quote Originally Posted by JFettig
    take a look at jfettigmachines.com

If I had more room, I would consider selling mine and upgrading or something like that.

Jon

More or less the price of the kit was scaring people away from them so I had to find a good way to drop the price a little bit, There is also nothing wrong with using lovejoy connectors, you wont notice a difference between those and helical beam.

Helical beam couplers were about $24 each and spider couplers are about $9-10 each.

Jon

I have the Cummings Mini Lathe is your kit compatible?

It should be, you could measure the collars which it mounts to and they should be:
    x-axis, about 1.295" diameter
    z-axis mount about .787" diameter

I have one left but I am going to hold onto it for now.
    If your serious about getting ahold of one, send me a PM
    Jon