586,119 active members*
3,518 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Cimco Edit and Subprogram

Cimco Edit and Subprogram

Im new to MasterCam and Cimco edit, I am wondering: when dripfeeding a program thru CimcoEdit to my Fanuc10m how can i include my subprogram ? The machine look for the sub program but obvsiously Cimco hasnt dripfed that line yet or it isnt stored on the machine.

you would need to store the subs in the control. but if you are drip feeding why do you need to run subs at all then?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Will Fanuc even allow subs while in DNC?

I can swear I did this for a customer once but the subs had to be in the control. But has been a while.I know for sure you can not at least with the MC lite version of cimco you can not support it.
    I have to look in my Reseller letters from Cimco I thought that had something that would do it now.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Ok. I was just thinking that Fanuc can't pause the DNC and switch to memory to run a sub and then back to DNC to resume. I have never tried it. Just asking. Would be the same for a local sub with M97. The DNC can't read ahead/jump ahead and then back to the main.

txcncman, I am not 100% sure but I could swear I did it once. I would have to get hold of my friend that used to work for Fanuc.
    Cadcam

NEED HELP---WHY THE COMMUNICATION BEWTWEEN MACHINE AND COMPUTER FROZEN?

My company running Windows 7 with mastercam X6. Ever since we upgraded to windows 7, we have a problem with the Cimeco DNC. from time to time, the communication between my computer and the CNC machines STOPPED. When trying to load a program to machine, it just keep saying "Waiting For Data" and frozen there. then I have to come to my computer to "stop and re-start" my Cimeco DND server. It happens more than once a day........Any body have any idea what's going on???

There are several threads about Windows 7 and DNC here on the CNCZone. No need to re-answer here. Please use the custom search box and find them.

the fanuc will run subs on the dripfeed as long as the subs are stored in machine memory and called by M98. we do it all the time, but we only use subs for circle mill routines.
    If you can ENVISION it I can make it

Quote Originally Posted by cnc-king View Post
    the fanuc will run subs on the dripfeed as long as the subs are stored in machine memory and called by M98. we do it all the time, but we only use subs for circle mill routines.
    Thank you sir for verifying my thoughts.
    Cadcam