Hi guys,

<Edit> BOSS 9 </EDIT>

It has been sitting for 5 years or so, and was told it was running when they removed it to put in a VMS. I can get it for next to nothing. I have been researching and have been told I could use the existing servos and add just the servo drives. Remove all electronics and existing controllers and put in drivers and a controller. I have built a wood router using steppers so I am familiar with what has to happen and when and have had electronic training, schooling and field experience.

I have a few questions that I cannot find the answer to.

What servo drives would I need for the existing bridgeport servos? I would use Mach3 so I would need a type of breakout box also. This all seems pretty easy as I did it before with steppers, But I cannot seem to find it.

Problem is I don't have 5,000.00 to put down on ajax system. There must be a less expensive way. I just need leads to which drivers would work with Bridgeport servos. Can anyone help with this?

The motor and cnc is wired for 480v so I would have to rewire the motor and provide a VFD to drive it. 220 single phase vfd to 208 3 ph for the 2 hp bridgeport motor.

Can I sell the existing equipment I take out? Is there a market for it?

A nice gentleman from Ontario helped me on the phone getting things straightened out in my head and going in the right direction.

It is at least BOSS 9, and I am going to try and power it up after a few mods to fit my electrical supply.

Thanks in advance,

Bob Bevins