586,094 active members*
3,912 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Vectric > from one computer to another

from one computer to another

I have down loaded the trial version of V-carve pro. and want to trasfer the toolpath of a text i made in VCP to my computer that runs in linux Ubuntu. the trial version of VCP is on my laptop. can I copy the toolpath to a thumbdrive from my laptop, to my machine computer to run in EMC2.

If you export the g-code from V-Carve Pro, you can transfer that.
    However, the trial version can only export g-code for the sample files included with the demo. You can't export g-code for anything that you create.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I use dropbox specifically for this reason.

What is dropbox and how is it used, thanks

Install it on all your PC's, put files in, and they will be on all you PC's(through internet) I use it on my phone and tablet aawell.

VCarve will install quite happily onto a Linux computer, just make sure Wine is installed and use it to install VCarve, then use it as you would on a windows PC.

Also they have the post processors sorted, you can save .ngc files that work in EMC without any issues.

Cheers.

Russell.

I've been using VCP to do inlay numbers on clock faces most recently. I just export the EMC .ngc files to a shared folder on my office (windows) desktop, and copy the files over the network to the EMC machine.

Yes, I purchased VCP with Photo Vcarve and it is one of the best investments I've made.

As Ger21 mentioned... the trial version is limited to not being able to export or save anything you create.

Quote Originally Posted by vger View Post
    I've been using VCP to do inlay numbers on clock faces most recently. I just export the EMC .ngc files to a shared folder on my office (windows) desktop, and copy the files over the network to the EMC machine.

Yes, I purchased VCP with Photo Vcarve and it is one of the best investments I've made.

As Ger21 mentioned... the trial version is limited to not being able to export or save anything you create.
    Vcarve will save your project but not create the code for it. When you purchase it you can then use the project that you saved but only on the computer that you made was used to create it. Once you open and resave it then you can use it on any computer that has Vcarve installed on