587,047 active members*
3,125 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Attack

Attack

Avast Anti-Virus repeatedly is saying that this is an Attack site.Yet I came here anyways.Am I now Infected??????

If you did not click on any ads, then you are 100% safe.

I just got the same thing. It was happening a couple weeks ago, and is apparently back.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Same here, page gets locked, must go to log out on IE to get off the page...

Quote Originally Posted by txcncman View Post
    If you did not click on any ads, then you are 100% safe.
    Not exactly.

If the ads running on the Zone are infected, you can be infected.

Google is clearly listing which ads are infected. The admin here is doing a piss poor job of blocking them until they (the advertisers) get their **** together.

What is the current listing status for cnczone.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 23 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 1046 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 83 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-11-06, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-10-03.

Malicious software includes 12 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 2 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 4 domain(s), including phpbb-mx.com/, applied3dtechnologies.net/, mdash.net/.

2 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including lamanana.hu/, mdash.net/.

This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS32244 (LIQUID), AS15169 (Google Internet Backbone).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, cnczone.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Quote Originally Posted by SBC Cycle View Post
    Not exactly.

If the ads running on the Zone are infected, you can be infected.

Google is clearly listing which ads are infected. The admin here is doing a piss poor job of blocking them until they (the advertisers) get their **** together.
    LOL. Guess you do not know how computers and the internet work. Good luck on your day job too.

LOL. Guess you do not know how computers and the internet work. Good luck on your day job too.
    Guess you never heard of cross site scripting and Java.

Do yourself a favor and do a little searching before you make a complete ass of yourself. But please disable Javascript before you do. Don't want you to get infected even though you didn't click on anything

sure something going on...

i just reset yesterday internet explorer.. java actually need me for youtube and other videos..
    now it is working... however when im using google, it opens up new and new tabs ...

i using google mainly for cliparts, and pictures for modeling...

it opens automatically new and new tabs about pictures, even i just hollowed over the mouse..
    probably some adware..

How to reset Internet Explorer settings

this is the microsoft page.. with this you can restore your explorer to the original, what was at the installation of windows...

my antivirus has blocked one time today, and i think 6 times the last time
    there was some question about here, today i did click an ad for luguna
    routers, when i closed out ie from the zone, is when it blocks
    don't know if this helps or not

I'm a network admin, and a site designer. Of course you don't have to click on things to get infected. There are plenty of scripts that create 'drive by' infections. Some sites running older versions of MySQL were being attacked for a long time using script injection. On others there was Java script injection. Hell there's even a virus injection script hackers have attached to JPG images which is unleashed as soon as you go to a site and that image is loaded into your browser. So yeah, there is A LOT of things that happen with no clicking. Trust me, hackers don't want to have to wait for you to do something. They want automatic

Their hacking Vbulliten. Once their in it, their in to the session. I'm sure the zone has been busy for quite awhile now, try to get it resolved.

Your best defense is to not continue to browse away from this site for the session.

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    Their hacking Vbulliten. Once their in it, their in to the session. I'm sure the zone has been busy for quite awhile now, try to get it resolved.

Your best defense is to not continue to browse away from this site for the session.
    Or view the site in notepad (Ok, thats a bit much)

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post

Could you elaborate for us computer impaired?

Session means the time you have the browser open. Such as when you are here at the zone. Don't open multiple windows or tabs to browse to other sites while you are here. When you are done viewing the zone, close the browser, (Ends session). Then reopen browser and go elsewhere.