586,075 active members*
4,033 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > MANIPULATED & SUCKERED INTO BUYING BOBCAD !!!!
Page 3 of 3 123
    First off ,keep your story straight.You are and I quote ""We have always been true faithful Surfcam customers ""hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    That was your first post
    Now you say,and I quote""I'd used Gibbscam forever, up till about 2/3 years ago when I jumped over to Surfcam.""hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Which is it??????? Keep your story straight,geeeezzz.
    And accuse 6 people of being BoB employees or paid defendants?Is that like a paid informant? IDIOT
    If you were a successful businessman and you really exist and if your not as bis an idiot as you seem,just E-Bay it.$1000 plus training videos plus 3 seats,hey Einstein you could make an easy few hundred bucks.
    Do you still think I am a BoB Employee,ha,ha,ha

Thumbs up

jrmach,

My point on mentioning both Gibbs/Surf in the last post was to know that I am well versed and adaptable in software. I've always had both in my place. Started with Surfcam 99 and have had all their newer versions with exception of 6.1 which I'll have this week. I'd always jumped over between the two as both are great in their own way. Although when the came out with Velocity 4 I'd used that primarily and then up from tjere. Gibbscam 2009 was the cutoff point for me here. Hope this satisfies you.

Also, yes you probably are an employee or a customer that gets paid for defending and standing up for the software. As previously stated I wouldn't give this software to a competitor because it's wrong. I just would like my son's money back. This forum is with intent to share experiences and opinions, correct? Well I've shared mine so that one's looking for software may be truly cautious as this was my story that hasn't concluded yet.

-Big Chips
    -SBC Cycle
    -The Engine Guy
    -BurrMan
    -TonyW
    Hey,how much you guys getting paid??

I ain't getting anything,not fair,kick down guys.

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    Damn Burr,here we go again.At least you got a whole list of people as company with you.
    In the words of another great BobCad user... "He's really got his tinfoil hat bent out of frequency!!!"

The common theme is "Paid employee's or Paid defenders of BobCad"... Thats because they are paid employees so "isnt everybody doing this?"

it reads like a bad, tabloid rag....

Attacks Al.. The one everybody here knows will help or answer anything (Even in getting refunds)......

The other day, his son was a stupid idiot... Today, a well intentioned young lad taken advantage of by an evil empire that has a dastardly scheme and ability to sell something that "Doesnt even work!!!!" Masses all over the world are being led to the slaughter by a seemingly Hypnotic, translike force, which BobCad wields with impunity upon unsuspecting, hard working simple folk, leaving them with no food or water as they move towards an apocalyptic genicide of middle america!!!

(Still wont give Al his Purchase info)

Dont worry though... I think Captain SurfCam is luming in the distance... LOOK!!! OVER THERE!!!!! Wait, Wait.... No time... Too busy.... Trying-to-get-work-done....Typing last.....words...before....going...out-of-business......No time left.....

To be continued..............

Litigation ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by rreedmach View Post
    I stand by every single thing I said and for anyone with half of a brain has the ability to see that the following are either employees or paid defenders:

-Big Chips
    -SBC Cycle
    -The Engine Guy
    -BurrMan
    -TonyW
    -jrmach

I operate a real machine shop, therefore I need an advanced software, something that doesn't have issue after issue, error after error, and something that definitely isn't going to crash my machine(s). My son had made the mistake in buying with good intentions, but this is not something for a serious shop. Amazing how Big Chips wants my thread deleted which clearly defines you as a Bobcad employee. Am I only allowed to post if Bobcad staff approve???? Again I stand behind everything I said. Amazing how 'real shops' have all this time to post.
    What a ludicrous accusation.

I think you need to start watching what you say on a Public media, you live in the "Land of Litigation" and luckily for you I don`t, I am in the United Kingdom and we tend not to go in for that stuff much over here.
    I could still do it of course but it would be far easier and cheaper (Free) for me to contact the Texas BBB with a complaint should I be of a similar mind to yourself, and before you get even nastier no, I am not inclined to do it !

But hey, how could I do it anyway as you would probably hide behind your forum name Yes ? ? No ? ?

To accuse myself and others of being in the pay in one form or another of BobCAD is really ridiculous, I hope you can take a couple steps back and look again at just what you have posted, to have a little "rant" at the software company is one thing but to start on individuals that have never said anything against you is pretty bad.

Anyway, moaning about 3 seats of even a fairly poor software for the cost of less than a weeks pay for decent CadCAM guy in your shop is just plain daft and if you are so adaptable with CadCAM why were you not able to check it out and discard it as not being what you wanted/needed ? ?

I am a Senior Citizen and have also had lots of CadCAM experience, MasterCAM, AutoCAD, BobCAD-CAM and also Delcams FeatureCAM and Powermill, they all have their good and not so good points, some are better at one thing than say a couple of the others etc, etc etc and they are vastly different prices to BobCAD

Just a suggestion but I wouldn`t be too quick if I were you to upgrade your SurfCAM if this post on the SurfCAM section of the "Zone" is anything to go by Just saying, maybe best to hold back a while

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/surfca..._problems.html

Now, are you going to jump to the defence of SurfCAM and then get accused of being in their pay, that wouldn`t be much fun for you would it ? ?

I am not here to defend BobCAD or attack you, just to defend myself from your scurrilous attack on me

Regards

Al
    I downloaded your demo. I am not so sure rreedmach does not have a point. As he never said what mach crashed, I assumed it was a CNC. It seems he never got that far. First Microsoft told me that that it will not normally download this type of software and refused to install. There was no option, it just refused.

So instead of installing from the down loader, I went to where I downloaded it and tried to install it. It stopped installing it and told me I had to have Solidworks installed first. As I have Solidworks blocked from invasion it stopped there.

If someone has Solidworks, why would they need BC? If the new BC has that problem & a video card problem (as rreedmach suggest), why is there not a program to check compatability before installing? I have several programs installed on a usb drive with drivers for all of my customer's machines & there several of them that have a video card problem just like rreedmach discribed. That is how I test their computers when recommending software.

Not installing until I know more about it.

Dear rreedmach,

Sorry to hear of your troubles. My FAKE machine shop recently acquired the REAL Brooklyn Bridge and would like to talk to your son at your REAL machine shop about buying it from us. Please post his phone number so that I may contact him. Perhaps I could even take his newly acquired FAKE software in trade for the REAL bridge. What a deal!

Mike, slightly more than half a brain!

P.S.: This is a REAL offer.

I stand by every single thing I said and for anyone with half of a brain has the ability to see that the following are either employees or paid defenders:

-Big Chips
    -SBC Cycle
    -The Engine Guy
    -BurrMan
    -TonyW
    -jrmach

I operate a real machine shop, therefore I need an advanced software, something that doesn't have issue after issue, error after error, and something that definitely isn't going to crash my machine(s). My son had made the mistake in buying with good intentions, but this is not something for a serious shop. Amazing how Big Chips wants my thread deleted which clearly defines you as a Bobcad employee. Am I only allowed to post if Bobcad staff approve???? Again I stand behind everything I said. Amazing how 'real shops' have all this time to post.
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

"
    So instead of installing from the down loader, I went to where I downloaded it and tried to install it. It stopped installing it and told me I had to have Solidworks installed first. As I have Solidworks blocked from invasion it stopped there."

If you are downloading BobCAM V2 you would need to have a copy of SolidWorks in order to install it. BobCAM V2 is a add on for SolidWorks, in other words it runs inside of SolidWorks. So if you do not have SolidWorks you would need to download BobCAD CAM V25 which is our stand alone software. In other words it does not require any other software in order to run. As long as you meet our system requirements you shouldn't have any issues installing and running BobCAD CAM V25 on your computer.

Windows (Recommended)

6GB RAM or More on Windows 7 x64 Operating System
    1GB Graphics Adaptor*
    Intel® or AMD® Processors**
    2+GHz Processor (Multi-core)
    Windows 7 x64

"If someone has Solidworks, why would they need BC? "

Many shops use SolidWorks as a primary design solution. By having their CAM system run inside of Solidworks allows them to use 1 software for both CAD and CAM. It also eliminates data translation issues and offers many benefits for design changes etc...

"If the new BC has that problem & a video card problem (as rreedmach suggest), why is there not a program to check compatability before installing? I have several programs installed on a usb drive with drivers for all of my customer's machines & there several of them that have a video card problem just like rreedmach discribed. That is how I test their computers when recommending software."

At this time I do not believe the software installer checks for compatibility. 99% of our customers do not have an issue with installing our software. ( to the best of my knowledge )
    Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

-Big Chips
    -SBC Cycle
    -The Engine Guy
    -BurrMan
    -TonyW
    -jrmach
    And I would have gotten away with it too if it hadn't been for those snoopy kids, and that dog!

3/10 troll. You got me to respond more than once.

" Is your the one who handles Refunds named Bridgette?"

Yes Bridgette is a customer service agent that handles Refunds

"If you say NO I will infact say you yourself are lying. I spoke with her today. "

Seeing that you are new to this community you may not be familiar with my character, I do not tell lies. I have no reason to lie about anything, and the reason why I participate in this community is because I enjoy it, I get to help people, and I get to learn from others.

"Don't have a refund yet but definitely want my son's money refunded."

Seeing that you still have not provided any contact information for me to look up your account and verify your purchase and customer status, you have provided me enough information to look into it.

1) You are located in TX
    2) You purchase was 3 seat of Mill Pro for $1000
    3) You are Running HAAS and FADAL Machines
    4) You spoke with customer service yesterday about a refund.

Bridgette will be in the office shortly and I can talk with here about your claims. If she did in fact speak with you an you are a real company I will see to it that your purchases is fully refunded today.

"This is hobby guy softwate, infact with issue after issue, error after error. "

You claim issue after issue and error after error but do not list any.

Errors have codes, with an error code I could tell you what the problem is ( in most cases )

Issues have names, I can't do this, the software does that... You are not listing any problems. You are on a smear campaign and have not provided a shred of proof to any of your claims.

"You guys make a demo look ok but when you actually get the software it is a whole different ballgame. "

That is correct when you know how to use the software to can make it "look ok" . And yes when you get the software you will need to learn how to use it. The idea that you have so much experience with CAD CAM and can't figure out how to use BobCAD is mind boggling.

"
    Furthermore, I don't care how you view this thread as this is a forum. Did I need your permission?"

No you do not need my permission to post on this forum, but it is clear to me your are on a smear campaign and are not a real customer. You are making claims that are not true and you are attacking & insulting the community members.
    Al DePoalo

What a AZZ clown! Me getting paid? I wish!

YOU should keep Bobcad and give your son to your worst competitor that would secure your full time shop as a leader in the field...he could be their purchasing agent.......maybe purchase a container of titanium to make parts for the next Space Shuttle flight?

BAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Man, give invoice number/info so AL can help you and then sit down and don't raise your hand until your name is called... period!
    Big Chipin, spreading tha cheese, I be Big Chipin for days!

Al
    Before I go further with BC I need to find out why Microsoft had a problem with it. I have more than enough computer to run the software. I am running Win7 X 32. I put it on my computer that is not hooked to the internet. Solidworks on it is not blocked and hasn't been converted to use Solidworks as a Cad Cam. I am impressed with the advancement. I am also impressed with how close some things are to my Solidworks Cad Cam version.

Quote Originally Posted by SBC Cycle View Post
    And I would have gotten away with it too if it hadn't been for those snoopy kids, and that dog!

3/10 troll. You got me to respond more than once.

Thats classic!

Al
    You say rreedmach is in Texas. If he is close to DFW area I would be willing to trouble shoot it for free to see what his real problem is & if it is fixable.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.JPG  

psharp1,

People who need help ask for it. At least that is what I teach my daughters, when they need help to just ask for it.... It is clear to me that rreedmach is not a BobCAD CAM customer and this entire thread is a smear campaign that is not back up by any facts.

I personally go above and beyond for any BobCAD CAM client, I've spent many late nights helping customers on my own time. I am always on this forum and do my very best to help everyone. It doesn't matter what the issue is I help!

Rreedmach inability or unwillingness to send me any company information makes it clear to me that he is not a customer. The thread is written very creatively, from the outside looking it looks like it could be a true story.

But it's not, errors and issue and a great story line about 15 years in the business and knowing Gibbs and Surfcam....

Post a file, post an error post an issue. The whole smear is about the software not working, but nothing is said about what is not working. If this story was true Rreedmach would have reach out to me, I am know for getting things done one way or another. 1 of 2 things would have happened.

1 - I worked with him personally and resolved the issues he had with the software. Or get him in contact with the right people at BobCAD to help him.

2 - I would help him to expedite his refund.

Bridgette unfortunately is out of the office.... I did get a chance to speak with the technical support manager and the support division head. Based on the information provided there is no such refund request.

There has been no information provide to substantiate the claims made by this first time cnc zone poster. This thread is a smear campaign!
    Al DePoalo

well ...i am done drawing a new part (in between posting here and reading this thread and a few others) and I just finished the toolpaths in Bobcad V25 and now i am off to cut material and then machine... took all of about 1.25 hours from start to finish....will check on this thread when the parts are done... simulation was a breeze and could not had been easier to use...

all in all pretty dayum easy with Bobcad V25

get your version today while supplies last... tell em BIG CHIPS SENT YA!

Response From Support & Service Exec - BobCAD-CAM Inc.

I've been running a very successful business for over 15 years. We have a variety of Haas, Mori Seikis, and a couple Fadals. Recently I hired another programmer and brought my son aboard. We have always been true faithful Surfcam customers but the dilemma I faced was paying for the upgrade and maybe an additional license or two so everyone may have their own and make my shop more efficient as a whole. My son was excited about coming aboard and downloaded this program of Bobcad. Initially I wasn't interested because of all the bad things I'd heard. After many phone calls from these guys my son was manipulated/convinced/talked into buying this program. Make daddy proud I guess. He only paid $1,000 for 3 Licenses of the V25 Mill Pro with training videos which isn't the point. The point is that I have had so many issues that this has easily cost my shop several thousand dollars and now even if we do get a refund we won't get all of it come to find out regardless of fact told money back guarantee. I should have just stuck with my gut and bit the bullet as this is my livelihood. I now know why there are so many threads and people on this Bobcad page and it's most likely due to the fact that others were either talked I/to, maniplulated, or conned into buying this software off of the price. I've read many things recently and it seems as if Bobcad employees are on this forum listed as users to say good things and back others up who aro employees !!!! I regretfully post this as wish I never indulged into this product as it may be good for some, maybe hobby guys really, but I would not give this software to my competitor !!! Signing off, PISSED IN TEXAS !!!!!
    Mr rreedmach,

My name is Sean Owen, I am the Support & Services Exec. at BobCAD-CAM. I share an office with Bridget Paulino she is my customer service Manager.

I have several problems with this posting....

1. There was not a call between you and Bridget on 11/13/2012 as you claim.

2. We have no records of any contact from anyone in Fort Worth Texas contacting us for a refund request.

3. I have no record of any customer in any state purchasing the software for the amount and quantity that you have stated.

4. Al D.that works for BobCAD-CAM as well has attempted to contact you to resolve any issues you may have and you have refused to provide him with any customer information.

There are a-lot of holes here....

My assumptions...

You are either a competing company or a former employee, that wants to cause Bad publicity for BobCAD-CAM without valid reason or cause.

If I am incorrect by any chance you have my deepest apologies.

If this is an actual issue and you are indeed a customer I will ask you to call me and I will come up with a mutual resolution for the Both of us. We do our best to resolve all issues and complaints.

Regards,

Sean Owen
    [email protected]
    Support & Services Executive
    BobCAD-CAM Inc.
    877-262-2231 Ext 140.

To all the customers that have responded , thank you for your support.

Of course I'm not paid anything to stand up for BobCAD. I do it because I use it and it works. I think this is the guy that tried contacting me in that other thread trying to get me to try his software, claiming he used to work for BobCAD and now works for Mecsoft or something.

How can we be here posting all the time you ask? Easy. I'm sitting here on beach with my touch tablet, got here from the money Bobcad gave me and.... Ooops, crud. wasn't suppose to say that was i?

Can post here because I programmed the part, posted the code, and machine is RUNNING.. so I have free time

Good lord

theres no exist cam that can fulfill all requirements.. if someone believe in a program that works without knowledge that one never see before machine, neither computer..

these folks dont defend bobcad, they simply defend machinists.. programs just helps our work.. will not replace any machinist..

if demo worked as you said, then why you dont use the demo?

with bmw and mercedes you just pulled the worst example.. i have ford 150..
    and plenty room in the truckbed for junks like bmw..

on this cnczone many folks could toolpath your work withouth cam.. timeconsuming, but not impossible,, those folks will work any camprogram..

by this migth need soe more knowledge only..

you jumped over here to cpmplaining

imagine some customer order a horseshoe from you (no machinist need for :-)
    and this customer return in your shop and start to complaining your employees...
    they can not help your customer..

same way if a product you believe bad, just go back in the store and tell in the store the one whos in charge..

what you made here, your issue didnt get solved, still you got no refund and little by little you lost all your credibility..
    already we have doubt if you know cnc anyway...

Page 3 of 3 123