586,114 active members*
3,337 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: nc fadal

nc fadal

does anyone have experience with running nc fadal on a pc running xp pro. My computer only have usb (no 9 pin). The cable that runs to the machine is a 9 pin to serial. I bought a usb to 9 pin adapter. When I run nc fadal I try to use the auto detect function and the computer will not find the machine. The fadal tech that was out tried his pc which had a 9 pin on it and it worked and was able to talk to the machine. I dont know if its a usb thing or not.

thanks

Mark

I had the same problem, our Fadal Guy said the only USB to Serial adabter that
    works is the Radio shack one.. I got it and it worked ok.. Sometime it did not..

Then I got a Serial board and pluged it into the computer.. Much better
    Works %100.. Serial board is only like $50.. Is this a desk top or Laptop..

Eddie Weeks

thanks Eddie, it is a laptop. Do you select a com port in nc fadal?

Mark

I am going to run to radio shack now

well, I tried it with the radio shack one and still no luck. all it does mis says auto detect failed. Brand new replacement machine and still cant use it

Mark

I am sure you have the comm port set to on your computer to..
    7,1,Even...

I set my Fadal to 115200 Baud.. by typeing CD,12
    Then I use EditCNC and upload at that speed..

Eddie

thanks eddie

mark

If all else fails, print a copy of the pin-out from the CD manual and have someone make the cable for you.

thats a good idea, thanks

I use a generic usb to serial on my machine (not from radioshack and yes it is laptop), it came with a com port driver disk. I installed the driver and configured the port for the correct parity, baud etc and it has always worked perfectly with XPert DNC or Hyperterminal I have never used NCFadal, but IMO com is com.
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

NC Fadal run time errors

h
    Hello all, I am getting run time errors when trying to upload programs to our Tool Room Fadal. error code 6- overflow.
    We are using 9600 baud rate. Is there a better baud rate to use?
    We are using windows xp laptop utilizing a usb port to serial port connection.
    When I restart the computer, I get one chance to upload a program, and there after, the next time I try to upload, a runtime error occurs. Before I had a work around and pushed the manual and space bar keys repeatedly a few times, and then I was able to upload again. Now I can't even do that!

Can anyone suggest any changes I should make?

Thank you....
    RR

Yes - get serial card.
    I know - I used a USB unit for years but starting missing lines in long sends - scrap parts are VERY expensive and spindles are too.
    As mentioned above - NCFadal wouldnt even com test with it.

Here is a great card http://www.startech.com/item/EC1S952...6950-UART.aspx
    PS Do NOT get a "USB based", make sure it is a native card.
    You will likely have to change the COM port address for the card (in your OS) before it will work with DNC (NCFadal).
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

our pc was the victim of an electrical short so we had a new computer built, reinstalled NC Fadal program and then we would get the error code 6-overflow prompt. our solution, being a network computer, was to make the User the Administrator of the computer and bingo.

hope this helps.