586,106 active members*
3,171 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Lathes > Cad/Cam Software for Haas ST10Y with Y axis

Cad/Cam Software for Haas ST10Y with Y axis

Hello,

We ordred a Haas ST10Y (now we wait 8 weeks for it to come in) with live tooling C + Y axis and are looking for an affordable CAD/CAM Software for it.

We got a quote from ONECNC at it was $6500 for Lathe Pro with C Y B axis control.

That is expensive (for our budget anyway)

Does anyone know of any other software that will work on it or any sales/specials on ONECNC software?

thank you!

Do you know how to manually write G-code? If not, that is the place to start. Otherwise, you won't know until after the crash if the CAD/CAM was outputting bad G-code.

Thanks txcncman but unfortunately, that doesn't answer my question. Anyone else?

No experience with OneCNC. I can recommend MasterCam. But it is not cheap. I rarely use MasterCam for lathe programming, even for milling, unless it is complex shapes. If your lathe has IPS, their may be provisions to most of the programming on the machine control itself. I have not used IPS on any Haas lathes that also had milling, so I do not know what is included there.

FeatureCAM does a good job with live tool lathes. I use it for my okuma captain with c axis. Price is good too.

I use Onecnc for milling but I am about to add a lathe package myself.. so no help there.
    But they run sales all the time so work them over a little they might make a deal. Great people to work with.
    Gary