586,475 active members*
3,410 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Mini-Mill Power supply case

Mini-Mill Power supply case

I recently purchased an X2 from Cummins. When I unpacked it, I found the power supply enclosure broken in half a dozen pieces. It looked as though
    someone packed it that way, as the crate showed no signs of impact.
    Anyway, rather than trying to get a replacement, I decided to just mount
    the guts in my own enclosure. I chose an old PC power supply case and it turned out to be better than the original. I only needed to relocate the stand-offs for the circuit board. Everything else just fell into place. I even reused the plastic sheet that insulated the PC power supply board from the case. The fan is roughly 4 times larger too!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0236 (Large) (Medium).JPG   IMAG0241 (Large) (Medium).JPG   IMAG0242 (Large) (Medium).JPG   IMAG0243 (Large) (Medium).JPG  

IMAG0245 (Large) (Medium).JPG  

power supply case

Like my grandmother alway said, necessity is the motherhood of invention. Nice work.

Inquiring minds want to know. What the heck was that X2 enclosure made out of?

Regards,
    Kent

The original enclosure was made of the finest chinese plastic
    you can buy! It was brittle as heck!

That's a nice mod, very spiffy!
    Deeds not words...
    VoltsAndBolts runs RC for the builder. http://www.voltsandboltsonline.com/ My Forum