hello everyone, this is my first post on this site, ive been wanting to build a cnc for several years now and finally have some time n money to spare on it,

little bit of background : NONE lol, im not a machinist or nothing like that actually an electrician, just always been facinated by them. im slowly trying to learn everything i can about machining tho if anyone know of some good reading material let me know.

im also trying to learn solidworks slowly and mastercam along with mach3 cnc.

here is a picture of my basic design with the exception that i have since redesigned the y axis using .25" x 4" steel plate and bearings and z axis from cncrouterparts.com and fineline automation. as soon as i get the changes made i will post them

the rails are 20mm rails and two bearing blocks per side from qxb bearings.
trucks were custom made, as well as the spacers for the acme nuts and acme bearing blocks. the whole reason i switched from my design to the finelineautomations design was to have less custom machined parts and less flex, oh and btw u cant see it but each rail is drilled and tapped every 10 inchs for a bolt so i can control downflex as the machine moves.

also i dont have any brackets showing however there will be a buttload of them i want it as rigid as possible

i got lucky and have access to a 5 x 10 cnc table that i will use to drill all my holes for my table.

let me know what you think of my design, hopefully its not to god awful,