586,096 active members*
3,696 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question usb wireless mpg question

I have a "home brew" 3 axis CNC gantry router with a 28" X 52" work area. I am running Mach3. I am considering adding an MPG remote "pendant". This product looks interesting -- particularly since it purports to work via the USB port. Have any of you had any experience with this particular product?

Aliexpress.com : Buy New CNC 3/4 Axis Wireless Hand Wheel, Manual Pulse Generator, MPG Remote Controller Mach3 #SM430 @SD from Reliable Wireless Hand Wheel suppliers on MartAtHome
    (Buy New CNC 3/4 Axis Wireless Hand Wheel, Manual Pulse Generator, MPG Remote Controller Mach3 #SM430 @SD from Reliable Wireless Hand Wheel suppliers on MartAtHome)

I have had very spotty (actually that is being rather kind) experience with products that I have purchased via the internet DIRECTLY from mainland China firms and so am somewhat leery. As a result, I would very much like to hear from any of you regarding your direct experience with this product (or one very similar). In particular, I am interested in control latency, battery life, reliability of operation, reliability of product, etc. They appear to offer both a 3-axis version and a 4-axis version at a slightly higher price (limited A-axis functions).

Thanks,

Sawdust John

Got mine about two weeks ago. Have yet to get any success with it. It came with a half size CD-rom that contained directions in pigeon english and a .dll driver that has nothing to do with the product (the .dll contains a picture of the ShuttlePro, not the XHC Shuttle pro that is shown in the online description. Hopefully, someone comes through with the correct software and all is well. But, in the mean time, I have a good looking piece of hardware that serves no purpose.

Re: usb wireless mpg question

I wish you luck. I would be interested in your final outcome. The experience that you described is comparable to most of my purchases directly from mainland China of "JUNK" over the internet, with a final success rate of probably less than 20%. In the meantime, since I started this thread, I gave up on this route and used an old game controller (USB port -- wired) and some freeware to make an inexpensive (read FREE) remote JOG controller. I am very happy with the results.

Re: usb wireless mpg question

Quote Originally Posted by sawdustjohn View Post
    I have a "home brew" 3 axis CNC gantry router with a 28" X 52" work area. I am running Mach3. I am considering adding an MPG remote "pendant". This product looks interesting -- particularly since it purports to work via the USB port. Have any of you had any experience with this particular product?

Aliexpress.com : Buy New CNC 3/4 Axis Wireless Hand Wheel, Manual Pulse Generator, MPG Remote Controller Mach3 #SM430 @SD from Reliable Wireless Hand Wheel suppliers on MartAtHome
    (Buy New CNC 3/4 Axis Wireless Hand Wheel, Manual Pulse Generator, MPG Remote Controller Mach3 #SM430 @SD from Reliable Wireless Hand Wheel suppliers on MartAtHome)

I have had very spotty (actually that is being rather kind) experience with products that I have purchased via the internet DIRECTLY from mainland China firms and so am somewhat leery. As a result, I would very much like to hear from any of you regarding your direct experience with this product (or one very similar). In particular, I am interested in control latency, battery life, reliability of operation, reliability of product, etc. They appear to offer both a 3-axis version and a 4-axis version at a slightly higher price (limited A-axis functions).

Thanks,

Sawdust John
    All the prices on aliexpress and ebay is not high now, and the cd driver is upgrade , which is V3.5.6.