586,036 active members*
3,979 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

G83 cycle issues

I recently started working on a Mazak horizontal mill with M-32 controls. The first project that I'm trying to run on it requires a .125" drill sticking out about 8" to drill 1" of material. To do this, I typed up a program using G-codes. I ran the center drill fine, but when I went to run the drilling cycle, I got alarm # 844 'NOT FOUND PROGRAM NO.' It comes up right before the machine begins the G83 line. Can anybody shed light on what I may be doing wrong? I have attached a couple of pictures for you guys to see whats going on. Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you for your time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails program.jpg   problem.jpg   alarm screen.jpg  

Please disregard the 'NO TOOL IN MAGAZINE' alarm on the picture. I took care of that but still the other alarm comes up at the same time

I very rarely program in G code. But, Alarm 844 says there is a subprogram call for a program that is not registered. By guess is that the Macro program for G83 is missing. There is a hidden set of programs for can cycles and probing. You have to change parameter O108 to a 1. This will allow you to see the system programs. I have no clue what programs should be in there but I can look on Monday when I get back to work. Another option would be to call Mazak Applications. They have always helped me out.

I cant find param. O108. It jumps from N parameters to Q parameters. Any ideas?

I don't want to sound like a smart ass but why bother with this at all? Use Mazatrol to drill it doesn't get much easier that that. ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿