586,036 active members*
3,436 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

change Fanuc 0-M display cordinates

Hi,
    i was wondering if anyone in here would know, what lines to change to get our 0-M Machines to show the cordinates, for acutel tool depth
    i have the cordinates for Too-go while drilling and such, but i cannot see the depth, only the machines cordinates

i got a machine with the 11M control, and it shows the actual depth

all in all, i want is to see what hight the tool is at, insted of the machine position, as an example, when running deep cuts, i would like to know if i´m 7 or 7.5 mm in depth at the actual position. Without having to calculate it myself by finding the tool offset.

I really hope this is possible, because i really miss this option to make sure the depth is right.

Thanks for looking at my problem.
    Thanks in advance.

Regards Peter

by the way.
    the machines is a supermax 72A
    and a Eagle Yang workcenter.

It is possiable. You will need to change a parameter setting to do this. I don't have the parameter book in front of me, otherwise I'll tell you. Maybe early next week when I get back to work.

A colleage have a machine with 11M, they have some special keys, where you can change the positions on the Monitor. But Fanuc often uses the same number for different controls over several years. As an example, a 3M of 1980 have nothing in common with a 3M from 2005.

In the Fanuc manual for O-MC controls, the parameters are as follows:

Bit#1.1= Relative coordinates Program Postion displayed (1), Relative coordinates actual postion considering the offset is displayed.

Bit#18.5= absolute coordinates Program Postion displayed (1), absolute coordinates actual postion considering the offset is displayed.

Bit#28.0= On program check screen, absolute (1) or relative (0) coordinates are displayed.

I'll leave the rest up to you.